This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AK 2 pair deep

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I would half pot here. You guys are deep, your 1/3 pot size doesn't make so much sense.

Turn: I think you should just half pot Turn and half pot River, and get in around 100-130bb. If you bet too large, villain will be very unlikely to call down with a hand like AQ.

vs a turn raise it would be a pretty sick spot. He reps mostly 99, but he could certainly have the 1 combo of KK or 4 combos of QJs. I think you can bet/fold AK here, and push your AA/KK.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop: I would half pot here. You guys are deep, your 1/3 pot size doesn't make so much sense.

Turn: I think you should just half pot Turn and half pot River, and get in around 100-130bb. If you bet too large, villain will be very unlikely to call down with a hand like AQ.

vs a turn raise it would be a pretty sick spot. He reps mostly 99, but he could certainly have the 1 combo of KK or 4 combos of QJs. I think you can bet/fold AK here, and push your AA/KK.

Thanks.
      I cbet smaller than 1/2 because it is dry board, and they rarely hit it (I assume they call suited connectors and PP mostly) and it allows me to bluff cheaper as I usually do use this bluff bet size.
      Also if they call, I can increase a size a bit and get all in anyway.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      well you have a point, probably shouldn't matter too much.