[NL20-NL50] AK 2 pair deep

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I would half pot here. You guys are deep, your 1/3 pot size doesn't make so much sense.

Turn: I think you should just half pot Turn and half pot River, and get in around 100-130bb. If you bet too large, villain will be very unlikely to call down with a hand like AQ.

vs a turn raise it would be a pretty sick spot. He reps mostly 99, but he could certainly have the 1 combo of KK or 4 combos of QJs. I think you can bet/fold AK here, and push your AA/KK.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop: I would half pot here. You guys are deep, your 1/3 pot size doesn't make so much sense.

Turn: I think you should just half pot Turn and half pot River, and get in around 100-130bb. If you bet too large, villain will be very unlikely to call down with a hand like AQ.

vs a turn raise it would be a pretty sick spot. He reps mostly 99, but he could certainly have the 1 combo of KK or 4 combos of QJs. I think you can bet/fold AK here, and push your AA/KK.

Thanks.
      I cbet smaller than 1/2 because it is dry board, and they rarely hit it (I assume they call suited connectors and PP mostly) and it allows me to bluff cheaper as I usually do use this bluff bet size.
      Also if they call, I can increase a size a bit and get all in anyway.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      well you have a point, probably shouldn't matter too much.