This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KJo 4way

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

This turn bet would be standard in a headsup pot but here it just looks way too strong. Don't forget you Cbetted into 3 other players and bet the turn - you have an Ace really often as well, given that you are the UTG raiser.

I would c/c here and c/c blank rivers.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Silver
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

This turn bet would be standard in a headsup pot but here it just looks way too strong. Don't forget you Cbetted into 3 other players and bet the turn - you have an Ace really often as well, given that you are the UTG raiser.

I would c/c here and c/c blank rivers.

Thanks.
      I dont see the difference here between bet turn, c/c river, and line c/c turn c/c river.
      In first line he calls with fd most likely and folds JT-KJ, and river maybe bets busted draws maybe not.
      In second line he checks with JT-KJ, and probably bets turn (maybe not), and on river again he checks JT-KJ, and maybe bets river with busted draw. So maybe second line is better because he could bet turn and river with fd, since it looks we are scared of A?

So I see my bet for value on turn, and I am ok if he folds weaker.

I was aware that I am 4way, but I would expect mayority of people to raise 4way with strong hands to protect, so I think there are less combos in his range of sets on turn.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      My point is that you simply no longer have value in betting the Turn any longer cos you just get called by a range of hands that beat you on average. You check to induce bluffs from his weaker draws (he may even have some gutshots which would fold to your turn bet). Betting also opens you up to getting raised by some of his semi-bluffs.