This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 9Qo vs raise

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I find that you are often overplaying your hand. when your hand is weaker in strength, you should be using smaller bet sizes. I don't like the pot bet on the Turn.

I disagree that his line doesn't make any sense. On any Turn high card (Q/K/A), you would either value bet them if you have the pair, or you would bluff at those. At least, I expect most players to bet the Queen with a really high frequency. So i think it makes perfect sense for him to check/raise his sets and flushes here.

As for whether your call-down was good or not, it depends on the player. I don't have a clear answer on whether this is good or not. Your range is clearly capped but I think given that you have plenty of stronger hands in your range (AQ/KQ/QJ), I would fold Q8 on the River.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

I find that you are often overplaying your hand. when your hand is weaker in strength, you should be using smaller bet sizes. I don't like the pot bet on the Turn.

I disagree that his line doesn't make any sense. On any Turn high card (Q/K/A), you would either value bet them if you have the pair, or you would bluff at those. At least, I expect most players to bet the Queen with a really high frequency. So i think it makes perfect sense for him to check/raise his sets and flushes here.

As for whether your call-down was good or not, it depends on the player. I don't have a clear answer on whether this is good or not. Your range is clearly capped but I think given that you have plenty of stronger hands in your range (AQ/KQ/QJ), I would fold Q8 on the River.

Thanks.

do you think that in NL50 player, there is a difference between calling down with Q8o and AQ? I dont expect him to raise for value Qx only. Maybe turn with fd, but then I dont expect him to bet so large on river with only Qx.
      Do you say, to call down with e.g. QJ+, in order not to have too high calling frequence?
      I guess, I am folding turn quite a lot, because I would also bluff on Q high.

I agree that he could ch/raise with sets and flush because of Q hi as you said
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yes, AQ and Q8 are probably similar in relative hand strength but as you said, you should call some and fold some since we are unsure how often he's bluffing here.

In fact, calling with hands with a single in them is probably much better cos you will have flush blockers. But I don't think you have too many QxX type of hands here because you would probably Cbet them on the flop.