This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Preflop isolation turned into value bet

• Superbrain
      Superbrain
      Basic
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB (Hero):
      $9.48
      BB:
      $1.50
      UTG1:
      $1.97
      UTG2:
      $2.80
      MP1:
      $3.00
      MP2:
      $0.71
      MP3:
      $2.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, K.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.27) 2, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.27) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, MP3 calls $0.18.

River: ($0.63) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, MP3 calls $0.18.

Final Pot: $0.99.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of jacks(J J).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(3 K).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(3 K).

Background: preflop was an isolation bet in order to collect against MP3 who limped.

I was about to give up when MP3 called preflop and I hit nothing on flop. Got lucky on turn and value bet.

MP3 called again. Umm, did he hit something on flop or had a backdoor flush draw? River missed flush draws (but did complete str8 draws).

Since it is unreasonable to assume my opponent always had the nuts, I decided to value bet on river. However, I can't figure out a good amount to bet so I bet the same amount as in turn.

Better line here?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: this raise is way too loose. U are oop vs someone who is likely to be loose and hates folding playability of K3o is also extremely poor. I either call or fold here. Fold if u are not so confident in your postflop skills

Flop: agree with the checkfold here.

Turn bet is good but i think u can halfpot the river. He should have more lower pairs than KX so u are losing a bit of value in my opinion.

Thanks.