This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH Zoom - A8o

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $4.36 (87.2 bb)
      SB: $5.56 (111.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $7.62 (152.4 bb)
      UTG: $11.33 (226.6 bb)
      MP: $5.23 (104.6 bb)
      CO: $5.94 (118.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A 8
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, SB folds, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) K 2 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.42) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BTN calls $0.25

River: ($0.92) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, BTN calls $0.55

Villain is unknown.

I'm not sure I like how I played this hand.

Is this too loose a defend pre? Would it be better to just 3bet or fold it instead of defending passively?

As played, when he doesn't cbet the flop I don't expect him to be very strong. So my plan was to fire pretty much every turn card.

When the Kc hits and completes the flush, I'm not too worried about him having it. I would expect most people to cbet a flush draw on the flop. Of course I can't fully discount it.

When he just calls the turn, I don't expect him to be very strong. I think most people at these limits would raise a flush here if he did have it. So my guess would be that he has some sort of 1 pair type hand that has some showdown value, or perhaps at this point an A high flush draw or something.

As such, my plan was to barrel pretty much any river that is not a club, to get him off these weak hands that still have me beat.

I don't know, it just feels a bit spewy to me.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I'll def call this vs a 2.5bb raise, it gets marginal vs a 3bb raise and vs a 4bb raise this is a 3b or fold spot.I think either option is fine.

Turn: without reads i would just give up here and hope that ace high is good. When the turn lairs the king and he calls, despite the flush completing i think hes not folding too often wotg QX and hr could definitelt have some weak KX combos too. This doesnt feel like a great spot to fire the river.

Thanks.