This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] top pair

• Naghini
      Naghini
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10)
      BB ($4)
      UTG ($14.33)
      UTG+1 ($6.12)
      CO ($10.83)
      BTN ($15.35)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, CO raises to $0.60, fold, Hero calls $0.55, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.90) J:heart: 9:diamond: A:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($3.90) J:heart: 9:diamond: A:spade: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2

RIVER ($7.90) J:heart: 9:diamond: A:spade: 4:diamond: J:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

Hero shows Q:heart: A:heart:
      (Pre 30%, Flop 17.9%, Turn 6.8%)

CO shows K:heart: A:club:
      (Pre 70%, Flop 82.1%, Turn 93.2%)

CO wins $9.45
      is this played ok ? his playing 20/15 11 3bet only 21 hands and he seems to be aggresive i was going to fold to a big river bet
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I would either cold 4b this or fold pre. You don't have enough reads to suggest that calling this here is a good play. You'll need to know that he has a really wide range here.

Your 3-bet stat on villain is not useful. The sample size is really small. On the other hand, the only stat here which is useful after 21 hands is the VPIP/PFR. Still, not a very large sample but 20/15 at the very least indicates that he's more TAGgy. I'm not going to read too much into a low sample stat though, let's just assume that he's a TAG.

I would just cold 4bet here to $1.40 and fold to a 5bet. Or I would just fold immediately. Both plays are fine, but cold 4betting such hands with bluff hands (AQs is regarded as a bluff here cos we are going to fold to a 5b) is good for balancing purposes. If you only cold 4b with AA and KK you are never getting paid off by a good player who will always exploit you by folding weaker hands.

Thanks.