[NL20-NL50] Nl 50 Sh Aq

• salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      Villain 40/12/1.9/16/565

I think I should have bet more on the flop and played block bet /fold river

Let me know how you would have played it

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($99.05)
      Hero (SB) ($53.65)
      BB ($109)
      UTG ($74.05)
      MP ($40.85)
      CO ($49.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A
      3 folds, Button calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.50) J, Q, 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, Button calls $3

Turn: ($10.50) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, Button calls $7

River: ($24.50) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $17.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $24.50 | Rake: $1.20
  • 3 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I would raise to $3 preflop as there is 1 limp and you are OOP and cbet to nearly potsize as the flop is really drawy and you are OOP.

On the turn I would bet/fold.

I've thought about the river for ages, and I'm not sure whether C/F or blockbet/fold is best.

The opponent seems somewhat passive and pretty bad, so i think his range after calling the turn consists of FD, two pair hands and Kx. And actually I don't see the opponent playing Kx like this very often, even if he's on the passive side.

So maybe he would call a blockbet with 2 pair or something. This should also stop him from bluffing a a busted FD or just trying to represent Kx incase he likes to bluff the river.

I'm a bit tired, so maybe this is all really stupid...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      I would raise to $3 preflop as there is 1 limp and you are OOP and cbet to nearly potsize as the flop is really drawy and you are OOP.

On the turn I would bet/fold.

I've thought about the river for ages, and I'm not sure whether C/F or blockbet/fold is best.

The opponent seems somewhat passive and pretty bad, so i think his range after calling the turn consists of FD, two pair hands and Kx. And actually I don't see the opponent playing Kx like this very often, even if he's on the passive side.

So maybe he would call a blockbet with 2 pair or something. This should also stop him from bluffing a a busted FD or just trying to represent Kx incase he likes to bluff the river.

I'm a bit tired, so maybe this is all really stupid...
      #+1 agree your thoughts. Blockbet river to 12$ is a littlebit better than c/f, since he ´might even call with K, but he´d never raise there with worse hand.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      There is a small chance he has the flush there. Flopped two pair or straight is also unlikely.

You probably made a good fold I wouldn't there... villain seems pretty loose.. if he has the K, he has it and I'm paying him off (very unlikely he has a set here and we beat everything else).