This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl 50 Sh Aq

• salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      Villain 40/12/1.9/16/565

I think I should have bet more on the flop and played block bet /fold river

Let me know how you would have played it

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($99.05)
      Hero (SB) ($53.65)
      BB ($109)
      UTG ($74.05)
      MP ($40.85)
      CO ($49.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A
      3 folds, Button calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.50) J, Q, 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, Button calls $3

Turn: ($10.50) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, Button calls $7

River: ($24.50) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $17.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $24.50 | Rake: $1.20
  • 3 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I would raise to $3 preflop as there is 1 limp and you are OOP and cbet to nearly potsize as the flop is really drawy and you are OOP.

On the turn I would bet/fold.

I've thought about the river for ages, and I'm not sure whether C/F or blockbet/fold is best.

The opponent seems somewhat passive and pretty bad, so i think his range after calling the turn consists of FD, two pair hands and Kx. And actually I don't see the opponent playing Kx like this very often, even if he's on the passive side.

So maybe he would call a blockbet with 2 pair or something. This should also stop him from bluffing a a busted FD or just trying to represent Kx incase he likes to bluff the river.

I'm a bit tired, so maybe this is all really stupid...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      I would raise to $3 preflop as there is 1 limp and you are OOP and cbet to nearly potsize as the flop is really drawy and you are OOP.

On the turn I would bet/fold.

I've thought about the river for ages, and I'm not sure whether C/F or blockbet/fold is best.

The opponent seems somewhat passive and pretty bad, so i think his range after calling the turn consists of FD, two pair hands and Kx. And actually I don't see the opponent playing Kx like this very often, even if he's on the passive side.

So maybe he would call a blockbet with 2 pair or something. This should also stop him from bluffing a a busted FD or just trying to represent Kx incase he likes to bluff the river.

I'm a bit tired, so maybe this is all really stupid...
      #+1 agree your thoughts. Blockbet river to 12$ is a littlebit better than c/f, since he ´might even call with K, but he´d never raise there with worse hand.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      There is a small chance he has the flush there. Flopped two pair or straight is also unlikely.

You probably made a good fold I wouldn't there... villain seems pretty loose.. if he has the K, he has it and I'm paying him off (very unlikely he has a set here and we beat everything else).