This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AJo bluff raise deep

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/4291317_8F8A28DF7D

Is it bad to call deep preflop? I constucted a range where I amostly raise flop. I call AA, QQ, KK, AK, AQ, and raise flop for value on good boards, and bluff raise with overcards mostly, call with draws and top pair with AJ, KQ, KJ, sets, two pairs.

I dont raise deep QQ, KK, but only AA (which I also call preflop), and I raise sets, two pairs, draws.

I have only AJ, KJ, KQ bluff 4bet, and no value 4bet until somebody really notice it.
      deep, I dont 4bet at all OOP, because people call a lot.

Vs aggro people who 5bet light, I 4bet value hands (not calling as described), and vs people who 3bet tight, I continue KK+ and call PP for set value if >100bb.

What do you think about my gameplan vs 3bet?

Is turn and river ok to bet? I repp draw on flop or set, and he could call with QQ, KK. Do I bet too small? I dont think he calls flop with AK, expect with fd which is only one combo.
  • 2 replies
    • dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      yeah I'd fold or 4bet as a bluff pre flop. not a good hand to call 3bet oop pre in these positions, especially deep
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Your 4-betting range should certainly be more polarized preflop when you are deep but I don't think you should only be flatting your entire range - That'll just allow villain to relentlessly 3-bet you without getting punished.

AJo and KQo usually fall into my default 4-bet bluff range in earlier positions.