No time like the present

• stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Hello people,

My name is Calum and I'm starting this blog for 2 main reasons :
        To become a winning online player
      To keep myself motivated

So a little about myself - I am a 22 year old, working in a job i feel is dead end as it is not the job i see myself continuing for my whole life. I work 8am-6pm monday to friday and work 8am-4pm every second saturday so it feels like my whole life is spent at work. At the moment i lack motivation and feel the need to change certain aspects in my life to do with my focus, my poker career and my health. I play a sport called shinty which I have done since i was 7 and now play in the third division a little like football except shinty is a completely amateur sport including the premier division. This season I have had my worst year due to putting on weight and not keeping my fitness up. I have been playing poker for a few years but have always gone bust and never taken it seriously only reading the occasional article etc etc. So i plan on starting from the very bottom to retrain my way of thinking and keep me in line.

I am going to start playing SNG's which i have only played a little of but i think it is the best way to build my bankroll and not lose all my money. I will be playing on 888 poker and be starting with $1 SNG's mainly 6-max and some HU as i have played a fair amount of 6-max. I will not move up in stake unless i reach 80 buy in's so $80 then i will ad one or two $2 games in while i continue to play $1's and in the event i lose more than 5 buy ins i will drop back to only $1's.

My daily goals
        play 20 SNG's
      review my whole session
      upload 2 hands for evaluation
      read at least 1 article/watch 1 strategy video
      get up at 6.30am when my alarm goes off and not hammer the snooze button
      go to the gym after work 3/4 nights a week straight after work.

My August goals
        play 500 SNG's
      move from 2/3 tables to 6 tables
      upload 20 hands to the hand evaluation forum
      Lose 10Lbs
      reach $100 bankroll

Starting bankroll
      $16.29
  • 7 replies
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Day 1 down and i am shattered.

Went to they gym and destroyed my legs actually pushing harder than ever before so which felt great. As soon as i got home though i was couch bound. Played 5 SNGs and won $2 so not a bad day at all.

Hopefully tomorrow i can work on my game then play and i will upload a hand or two from today/tomorrows session.

Being positive is key to my coming success!
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Day 2

Well i ate fairly healthy today still sticking to a nice meal plan but didn't go to the gym. Instead i played a few SNG's and ran well then started to get a little tilted and lost 2 buy ins.

I will try and upload my graph once i work out how to.

Current bankroll
      $18.46

I plan on reviewing my game in a little while and mark some hands to upload to the hand forums tomorrow.

Feeling Good :D
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      [B]Day 3[/b]

I'm still keeping to my regime of eating well and going to the gym, spurred on by my 3lb drop since sunday :D

Poker wise i played 50 SNG's today and i was all over the place up and down and couldn't seem to close out the games so had more 2nd's and 3rds than 1sts. It makes me feel that i should maybe just play nl2 until my bankroll is a little more comfortable as i don't think i can take it being that swingy. I also noticed i was getting tilted fairly badly when i got it in with the best hand and still lost at the end although i know in my head that its good that i was getting it in when it was in my favour i don't think my tiny bankroll can cope.

Ended up playing a $2.80 6 man right at then end and won it to get my bankroll back closer to before but i will be finishing the day having lost $4.

Bankroll
      $14.46

Feeling disheartened

*Also on a side note this is the longest i have ever tracked my goals/tasks and can take a positive from keeping this up.
      There's always tomorrow!
    • dragobeteeee
      dragobeteeee
      Bronze
      Good Luck! :)
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Day 4
      I let it slip with my healthy eating and didn't go to the gym after work :(

I also was tilted and bust my $18 playing nl25

Day 5
      I didn't play at all and went back to the gym to punish myself for being a silly fish.

Day 6
      I deposited $50 on poker stars to play nl2 zoom with a safe bankroll and to completely start again. This time my focus is on cash games.
      I am currently marking hands and going to upload them tonight in the forums to see what other people think about my game.

Today's giraffe
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      My biggest hand so far

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.65
      SB:
      $3.26
      BB:
      $1.98
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.76
      MP3:
      $2.25
      CO:
      $2.36

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.06, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.22, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.47) A, K, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.14, Hero calls $2.14.

Turn: ($4.75) 2 (2 players)

River: ($4.75) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.75.
      Results follow:

CO shows two pairs, aces and kings(Q A).
      Hero shows a full-house, kings full of aces(K A).

Hero wins with a full-house, kings full of aces(K A).
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Decided to play during happy hour to get the 2 x VPP's . . . . . . .

First day of zoom and i'm down 10 BI's