Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,00
      MP1:
      $55,24

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0,50, 3 folds, BU calls $0,50, SB calls $0,25, Hero raises to $3,00, MP1 calls $2,50, 2 folds.

Flop: ($7,00) T:spade: , 4:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,00 (All-In), MP1 calls $7,00.

Turn: ($21,00) 6:spade:
      River: ($21,00) J:heart:

Final Pot: $21,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of fours (Kc Qd)
      MP1 shows two pairs, nines and fours (9d 9h)

MP1 wins with two pairs, nines and fours (9d 9h)

Was that push ok? I wanted to cont bet only but stack was too big
  • 5 replies
      Silver
      I'm pushing preflop here of course...

Also, if you didn't, the push is a must on the flop. But the question arise: why shoving any flop first in if you can maximize your fold equity by going all-in preflop?
    • Horin
      Horin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      I'm pushing preflop here of course...

Also, if you didn't, the push is a must on the flop. But the question arise: why shoving any flop first in if you can maximize your fold equity by going all-in preflop?
      ty for your evaluation.

but why push preflop? according to SSS strategy I should bet 4bb + 1 bb for each limper so it is to bet 6bb which is 3$ at this limit.
      Silver
      There are three limpers before you (counting sb as one) so you have to raise 7bb, but with such a big raise and at least one caller, you basically have to push on any flop (the pot would sum up to at least 16bb and your stack 13bb). And since you're on big blind, MP1 and BU will have position on you.

That means when you raise 7bb preflop and anybody calls, you're pushing any flop first in. So no difference for you between this variation and pushing preflop. And for your oponents the difference is big - calling 7bb and 20bb preflop is a difference. So such a move maximizes your fold equity.

I like to push oop with 2+ limpers and ip with 3+. The amount of dead money is enough to prove usefullness of such moves.

It isn't covered by basic sss because basic sss was meant to be maximally easy. For more advanced play such as this one you need to visit coachings, post hands or watch videos.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I have a question about that 098799, Are there any hands that you wouldn't push here with?

I'm just thinking that possibly with AA or KK just raising by this amount may prove +ev because opponents may be more likely to call you.

I guess there are still some flops you really don't want to see even with these strong hands....
      Silver
      It depends.

The fundamental principle of sss says you have to play your every hand the same up to some point for your oponents not to know when they are ahead. If you decide to play aces and kings differently, you break this pronciple, which can be very painfull on upper limits.

So if you assume your oponents are brainless bots multitabling nl10 without much skills, play whatever you want with aces. If you respect them and think they are capable of recognizing players and watch the play of others, disguise your aces by playing them the same way you play KQ.