FLOP ($2.35) 2:club: 7:spade: J:diamond:

CO checks, Hero checks

TURN ($2.35) 2:club: 7:spade: J:diamond: 5:diamond:

CO bets $2, Hero calls $2

RIVER ($6.35) 2:club: 7:spade: J:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:spade:

CO bets $4.50, Hero folds

CO wins $6.06

38/0 8h

Flop - board is dry and he missed it often so I could cbet, but I have bluffcatcher, so I decided I can skip cbet.

Tunr when improved and showed weakness I guess easy call. He can do that with draws and air.

River - 96 completes but FD is busted. But he bets big turn and river which indicates strenght. So I folded.
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I'd preffer to cbet the flop. Villain is basicly unknown and you dont know is he aggressive enough to be bluffcatching with A high. He can also have stronger Ax in his range and sometimes bluff with the best hand without knowing it.

When you cbet this board, you can barrel any OC trying to fold out everything worse then Jx + you can hit your A and get to showdown if you hit your 5.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would also prefer c-betting since even if you´re ahead you can´t call him down with Ax and board is dry enough that you have quite big fold equity+ can always decide to double barrel on turn cards.

As played: I would likely call him down- big bets often is for value, but since you checked back flop, his range can often be any draw, overcards and he should not bet that big smt like 97s

best regards,