This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Sh 33

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.44)
      Hero ($21.56)
      UTG ($42.22)
      CO ($28.61)
      BTN ($8.24)

Dealt to Hero 3:heart: 3:spade:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, SB calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.60) 5:spade: 2:heart: 7:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.90, SB calls $1.90

TURN ($7.40) 5:spade: 2:heart: 7:heart: 5:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($7.40) 5:spade: 2:heart: 7:heart: 5:heart: 2:diamond:

SB bets $5, Hero folds

SB wins $7.03

Maybe I could call preflop. If I hit set - he will pay me at laest 2 streets often with his barreling. And by the river he might hit something which pays me off.

Flop - backdoor fd, I could fold his AJ, AQ. But he does not like to fold to cbets, so maybe its not worth?

Turn - if he does not fold AJ, AQ, then turn barrel would be good, but in game I did not expect him to have anyting except pair and FDs which are not folding.
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I think you could even just fold pre. Villain does not like to fold to 3bets and cbets and the playability with 33 is pretty bad in this case so Im not a fan of a 3bet here.

I dont like calling pre, cause he seems very aggro, and 33 cant stand multistreet aggression most of the time and I dont think that you'll get back the money invested in times when you hit your set.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

SB vs BB I would never fold pocketpair, even if Sb is very tight you still get implied odds to hit your set. You can 3-bet pre-flop, but if player likes to 4-bet bluff or does not give up easily you can also just call and play pot in position.

If you don´t think he floats flop or turn his Ax hands into bluff I like your river fold. I would often call there against aggressive opponents, since they tend to c/r flop flushdraws and not valuebetting too thinly (and that big amount marginal better hands)- so you should see enough Ax or smt 98/JT or even KhQx type hands.

best regards,