leak

• Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      Hi ! I have a big problem trying to find the "leak" in my game (I mean the major one). I play extremely focused and stop when I feel I'm tired. I have a lot of patience and I don't allow tilt ruin my game. I posted a lot of hands I considered to have played badly and I was told I didn't do anything wrong. I pay attention to so many means of information and still... I seem to lose or break even session after session. Can this be a downswing caused by variance ? I mean it's about 10.000 hands. Thx a lot for your help
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hey Stevie8,

Generally when you are asking these types of questions it's better to post them in the discussion board of the game type involved.

So, I've moved this from Beginners Questions to our No-Limit Discussion board. It will get better exposure here and higher quality answers IMO.

I would offer my assistance on the matter but I don't play cash games :)

Best regards,
      Gary.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I considered to have played badly and I was told I didn't do anything wrong

Try to post hands when you have feeling you did everything right. Maybe you did everything wrong :s_cool: :f_biggrin:

Well 10k hands is really small sample and you cannot expect you will be always ahead. Keep playing your A game and if things doesn't improve try to find other way to improve your game. (watch some video reread some articles, contact our great coaches and so on)

So of course it can be just variance or maybe you do some things wrong and you even don't know that. To find this a deeper analysis are needed. Just keep with posting your hands and past also those when you have feeling you did right thing (we usually think we did good when we win but this is not necessarily true). Also make your posts rich with your thoughts so our judges can improve also your thought process.

Good luck at the tables.
    • martinstids
      martinstids
      Bronze
      its hard to find some leaks by urself, so i suggest post hands in forum or ask some good person to review ur gameplay.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Maybe post a screenshot of your positional stats here for analysis?
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Hey stevie

Sometime you may want to post hands that seemed standard to you. Because perhaps what you thought was an uninteresting/standard hand was actually a hand where your play wasn't the most +EV spot. I only say this because it happened to me several times and could be the same for you.

Regards,
      Luke