Guess The Hand & Win Cash!

• TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze

Guess The Hand!

We are happy to bring you a new community promotion: Guess The Hand!

Whereas usually you think in ranges, narrowing our Hero down to a single hand could win you a cash prize of $50!

This promotion will be running for 4 weeks. We will post a new hand each week, meaning you have one week to guess the hand. You have to guess which two cards Hero holds, and have to explain the reason behind your choice.

Rules
      • Only one guess per member is counted. If you make multiple guesses, your first one counts.
      • You must explain your thought process. If you only provide us with a hand, your guess will not be eligible.
      • If more than 1 member guesses the hand correctly, there will be a raffle between them.
      • All guesses must be made before Sunday August 11, 23:59 CET (GMT+2)

This week's hand

$2/$4 No Limit Hold'em
      Hero (SB) ($493.05)
      BB ($191)
      Button ($892.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with X, X
      Button raises to $8, Hero raises to $32, 1 fold, Button calls $24

Flop: ($68) K, 2, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($68) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $42.15, Button calls $42.15

River: ($152.30) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $108, Hero raises to $418.90 (All-In)

Total pot: $368.30

Have fun and join the game!
  • 162 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      So who is going to get the ball rolling then?
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      K :spade: 8 :diamond:

Top of his folding range = 3bet preflop.

Medium strength on the flop = check/call.

Trying to get some value on the turn.

Nuts = check/raise for value on the river.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Must we guess exact hole-cards? I think it's K:sX, with X being a Q or J or T.

Preflop: KJ and KQ are pretty standard 3-bets in SB vs BU.

Flop: It's pretty standard to check 2nd pair on the Flop these days

Turn: I think KXo will often check the Turn again so this actually leads me to believe that Hero actually checked his 2nd pair + Flushdraw type of holding on the Flop (good for balancing purpose) and is now leading K:sQ or K:sJ.

River: It's a decent spot to go for a check/raise with such a hand. Villain may either value bet a weaker flush or just turn weaker made hands into bluffs here.

My guess would be K:sQ.
    • TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      Hi, I think Hero has K:spade: Q:club:

Preflop: standart 3bet SBvsBU, calling puts you in tough spot, because you are oop without initiative and BB might squeeze.

Flop: x/c flop w 2pair, not much value in betting.

Turn: when BU checks back Flop, he doesn't have A, maybe some combos of weak Ax, betting OTT looks standartd, getting value from weaker Kx and getting value from X:spade: X.

River: Hero has the nuts, as played on other streets BU doesn't look strong, he doesn't has a lot of hands that can call river bet, so x/r is better, BU can turn some Kx into or other hands into the bluff + might be dynamics and history between Hero and BU.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      As everyone else is going for K :spade: hands (which is probably correct, but hey) let me go for the other option...

4 :spade: 5 :spade:

Preflop: It would be a non-standard 3bet bluff obv, but we don't know the dynamics or stats of either player. It could happen.

Flop: Can't value bet. Could bluff... but the hand has enough potential to check/call and perhaps stack a strong hand

Turn: The nizzles... :D Value bet.

River: The check will induce value bets by 2nd and 3rd nut type hands, which might well call the raise if they think Hero is FOS

Realise this is pretty borderline and I don't expect to be right but just thought I'd try something different.

EDIT: To be clear - my guess is 4 :spade: 5 :spade: :D
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I think K9o and hero is trying to get an Ax to fold.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Just to clarify, yes, we are talking exact hole cards here. So just Kx or Ax or whatever won't cut it. Exact suits aren't necessary, so you won't have to guess X:diamond: X:heart: for example.

That said, if you can narrow the cards down to the exact suits, of course that could potentially ive you a better chance at winning ;)

Hopefully that made sense!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      Kings with k :spade: k :heart: (or diamond instead of heart ) so we 3 bet pre with kings as usual for value On the flop we check behind to slowroll or induce with the set bet turn for value shove river for value
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Ok, it looks like everyone is all over K :spade: X.

So, I'm claiming 33 as part of heros 3b/5b bluff range. On the flop, hero gives up. But then turns a set, so bets for value, gets led out on the river and isn't strong enough to call given that 4 spades have rocked up. So hero jams here which is more then fine to balance the K :spade: X that hero has with this line.

Now which 3's... Hmm I'll go 3 :heart: 3 :diamond: because we need some red to balance out all the black in this hand.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Going with A:heart: /:diamond: /:club: K:spade:

Depends on reads. Not a high stakes player myself but I can assume cbetting flop is just too std so by checking he can have everything from nuts to air.

Betting turn looks for value, since the board is getting wet. C/r on river looks another high stakes play where your telling villain I got the nuts or air? As said, not many exp on high stakes pokah.
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      My Guess is he is holding pocket KKs with the Ks in his hand.

I don't know how he or the button was playing before this hand but the button has a big stack and so I don't think hero would be going up against him with weak hands from the SB.

He does the standard thing with KK in the SB after a raise and puts in the 3-bet.

He is over the moon with the AK2 flop and checks. Hoping that the button has an A in his hand and to also not to scare him away if he doesn't have the A and give him a chance to catch up or bluff at it.

Turn is great for you hero now he's got the set and the nut draw, and he is now glad the button has a big stack. But obviously the pot is still pretty small. The pre flop raise and call suggested he had a decent hand and think the button could have checked behind on the flop if they had an A in their hand to not scare you off either. Neither have gave indication of a flush draw so there is little concern about that and Hero decides he has to bet in order to try and get money in this pot with such a big hand. he bets a decent amount of the pot as a half pot bet might look too much like you want him to call.

The spade on the river is not so good for the Hero, even though he improves to the nut flush there is now 4 spades on the board and it is very unlikely if the button has an Ax he would call now. So Hero checks, giving the Button the opportunity to represent that he was calling on the turn with a flush draw and has now hit.

When the button does bet on the river there is no point in doing anything else other than going for the max and moving all in, as if they have a hand they can call with they are just as likely going to call the all-in as a min raise.

So to sum I think Hero is holding KK with Ks (if I have to be more specific I will say KsKh) and I think the button folds on the river.
    • voidmind
      voidmind
      Bronze
      K :spade: 10 :spade:
      Pre: K 10 :spade: is ok to 3 bet.
      Standard raise on turn.
      When called, check for chance to check raise.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      shoving K:spade: is not good as almost no worse hand calls
      shoving non-K:spade: is not good as villain has a lof of K:spade: that snap

therefore Hero has 5:spade: 4:spade: or is a :f_confused:

(or like less than 10% of a combo of bluffs to fit with the straight flush value raise)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I think AK w/ the K :spade:

Pre: 3 way this is probably a standard 3bet. The ranges will be very wide here.

Flop: On this flop it's really hard for villain to have flopped something. We block most Ax and Kx combos. Betting here will just get rid of his worse hands.

Turn: We have top 2 and the nutdraw so we want to get some value. Vill might call with his Q

River: tricky spot most his hands are going to fold Q might call but thats about it. Rather check to look "scared" and let him bluff with the rest of his range.
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Platinum
      Hey ,

when we 3b from the Sb we ussually have a non-polarised range so mostly broadways and some pp's
      We don't really play pp's like that unless we are going for a crazy bluff .

when we check we can have AA for a set that is slowplaying but mostly some weakish hands that want to get to showdown.

My guess whould be K:sQx , it is in our xcalling range on the flop but when he is checking back he almost never has an Ace , turn is a value bet with nfd and 2nd pair , river is a check-shove for value.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I think people give hero too much credit here, and hero has a hand such as QJo with no spades that he's turned into a X/Jam river bluff. ;)

Edit: Hero would most likely Value bet any decent flush on the river. Villains sizing at the same time doesn't look small enough to get value from any sort of T:spade: X:heart: or J:spade: X:club: hands and thus he bets with the expectation to take it down. Thus Hero has x/jammed knowing this with complete air.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Silver
      i'd go for AA :D
    • Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze
      I say 5:spade: 4:spade:

I think Hero's play is not a great line with K:spade: X , I feel like everything is more consistent to 5:spade: 4:spade:

I really like the c/r on the river with the straight flush as I think opponent has K:spade: in his range, most probably K:spade: Qx that play like that
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      A :diamond: K :spade:

Pre: 3bet is standard.

Flop: with 2pair, there are less chance of opponent holding Ax or Kx, so we would rather check and let him bet all his random.

Turn: We cannot instantly put him on 2 spades so we bet 2/3 for value and to price him into any FD draws.

River: We check to let all his air/ smaller flush bluff at it before raise shoving.