Bankroll

• DeLatvian
      DeLatvian
      Basic
      I would like to hear other opinions about : How to build bankroll.
      I have heard that the best way to do it is to play Cash Games, but if I want to start with 50$, by the suggestions I can play only 0.02/0.04 ring games, where my buy in is 2$, so it should take a hell lot of time to build it higher.
      Can I hear your opinions: Which is the fastest or wisest way?
  • 3 replies
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Don't focus on what you make, how quickly you make it, focus on strategy and improving your game which results in better returns (at any stake).
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by DeLatvian
      I would like to hear other opinions about : How to build bankroll.
      I have heard that the best way to do it is to play Cash Games, but if I want to start with 50$, by the suggestions I can play only 0.02/0.04 ring games, where my buy in is 2$, so it should take a hell lot of time to build it higher.
      Can I hear your opinions: Which is the fastest or wisest way?
      Hi, DeLatvian

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

A lot depends on how good you are already.
      What is your poker history?
      Perhaps you could take a moment to introduce yourself.

I agree with ShaQQ -- how high and how fast are less important than how well you play, and how good you can be.

If you are brand-new to poker, then even if you have the money, depositing a thousand £, € or $ just means that you will lose it quickly.

Learn the basics at microstakes.
      Play sensibly.
      Until you are making the right decision automatically, study 2 hr for every hour you play.

Start with 1 table, and add tables slowly, so that you can make decisions with a comfortable time span.

If you play NL 2 with a winrate of 5BB per hundred hands, you're making the same as if you played NL 10 with a winrate of 1BB per hundred and with less risk.

Freerolls can also be a way to build a bankroll.
      Zero risk, and you will gain slowly.

But by far the best thing you can do is check out the free poker money.

Best of luck!
      --VS
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShaQQ
      Don't focus on what you make, how quickly you make it, focus on strategy and improving your game which results in better returns (at any stake).
      This times 1000

Also you talk about buying in with $2 in a nl4 game (2c/4c). This is MidStack Strategy (MSS) which is a good way to start because you have less money so you'll play less streets (the money goes in before the river usually). This means you'll have less hard decisions.

Maybe in time you'll change to the Big Stack Strategy (BSS). Then you'll play with $4 instead of $2. By playing BSS you can win more money but also lose more! But if you play BSS you'll play more streets because you'll have money left on the river as well. The more streets the harder a hand is to play.

About your question what is the best way to grow a roll well thats hard to answer. A lot of people say different stuff. But I like your plan of playing Cash games but thats just because I started like that as well.

Regards

RasTweet