This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Kj

• prime333
      prime333
      Basic
      SB: 50 BB
      BB: 104.5 BB
      UTG: 179 BB
      Hero (CO): 100 BB
      BTN: 59.9 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:diamond: J:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, fold, fold, BB checks

Flop: (3.5 BB, 3 players) 5:heart: J:club: 4:club:
      BB checks, UTG bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold

Turn: (9.5 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:
      UTG bets 9 BB, Hero calls 9 BB

River: (27.5 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      UTG bets 26 BB, fold

UTG wins 26.3 BB

Looking back I should have raised pre.
  • 3 replies
    • Ciufciuf5
      Ciufciuf5
      Bronze
      hi,
      Villain stats?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey P,

Yeah, raise pre seems like the way to go here. You get called by worst even by people behind.

Postflop, I think call down is possible. Ofc stats would be useful but 2 FD busted and on a 4 to a straight board, I don't expect your opponent to bet an overpair or a set like this so he seems super polarised, without enough 7x in his range.

Now, the argument against calling is that you rarely see people pot/pot/pot as a bluff on NL10. From my experience it's only in specific cases that you should call and this seems one where it makes sense and you will be good >33% of the time you need.
    • prime333
      prime333
      Basic
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey P,

Yeah, raise pre seems like the way to go here. You get called by worst even by people behind.

Postflop, I think call down is possible. Ofc stats would be useful but 2 FD busted and on a 4 to a straight board, I don't expect your opponent to bet an overpair or a set like this so he seems super polarised, without enough 7x in his range.

Now, the argument against calling is that you rarely see people pot/pot/pot as a bluff on NL10. From my experience it's only in specific cases that you should call and this seems one where it makes sense and you will be good >33% of the time you need.
      If villain was bluffing do you think he is expecting us to fold?