[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH Zoom - 76s

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.68 (113.6 bb)
      SB: $6.31 (126.2 bb)
      BB: $6.96 (139.2 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $5.50 (110 bb)
      MP: $5.29 (105.8 bb)
      CO: $3.39 (67.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6 7
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47) 2 K 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, MP calls $0.32, BB folds

Turn: ($1.11) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, MP calls $0.65

River: ($2.41) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Villain is unknown.

Opening 76s UTG should be fine here I think, with only 1 slightly shorter stack at the table.

On the flop I think it's a pretty standard cbet here with a flush draw. I can get him to fold some A high type hands, or hands like pocket pairs 77 and below. Plus there's a lot of good cards that I could potentially barrel on on the turn, such as an A or Q (bluff) or club (value).

So when the Q comes, I barrel. If he has a hand like JJ or TT, he's probably going to fold now. When he calls my river bet again, I would expect him to have a hand like AK, maybe AQcc, or a flush draw. I don't think he'll have Qx here too often, except maybe QJcc/AQcc.

Of course, he could occasionally have a set here as well, but I think most sets would raise the flop. And if not the flop, then almost certainly on the turn.

Considering this range, I think I should have fired on the river again. The only hand he can really call me with is AK or maybe the random slowplayed set (FH/quads now). I don't think the few Qx hands he can have will call another river bet, and his missed flush draws will just fold, unless he decides to hero call...

So, should I have bet the river again?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey T,

Bet/bet/bet is pretty standard him imo. His range contains Kx that have to think they call for split if you are vbetting plus there are a few better draws than yours on the river that you can make him fold.