This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH Zoom - 76s

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.68 (113.6 bb)
      SB: $6.31 (126.2 bb)
      BB: $6.96 (139.2 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $5.50 (110 bb)
      MP: $5.29 (105.8 bb)
      CO: $3.39 (67.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6 7
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47) 2 K 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, MP calls $0.32, BB folds

Turn: ($1.11) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, MP calls $0.65

River: ($2.41) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Villain is unknown.

Opening 76s UTG should be fine here I think, with only 1 slightly shorter stack at the table.

On the flop I think it's a pretty standard cbet here with a flush draw. I can get him to fold some A high type hands, or hands like pocket pairs 77 and below. Plus there's a lot of good cards that I could potentially barrel on on the turn, such as an A or Q (bluff) or club (value).

So when the Q comes, I barrel. If he has a hand like JJ or TT, he's probably going to fold now. When he calls my river bet again, I would expect him to have a hand like AK, maybe AQcc, or a flush draw. I don't think he'll have Qx here too often, except maybe QJcc/AQcc.

Of course, he could occasionally have a set here as well, but I think most sets would raise the flop. And if not the flop, then almost certainly on the turn.

Considering this range, I think I should have fired on the river again. The only hand he can really call me with is AK or maybe the random slowplayed set (FH/quads now). I don't think the few Qx hands he can have will call another river bet, and his missed flush draws will just fold, unless he decides to hero call...

So, should I have bet the river again?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey T,

Bet/bet/bet is pretty standard him imo. His range contains Kx that have to think they call for split if you are vbetting plus there are a few better draws than yours on the river that you can make him fold.