This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH Zoom - JTs

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $34.58 (691.6 bb)
      SB: $5.71 (114.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $3.99 (79.8 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $7.45 (149 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T J
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) T J 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.32) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.21, MP raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.39

River: ($1.52) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1, Hero calls $1

Villain seems reggy over a small sample, 17/14 over 64 hands.

I think defending here pre is fine, with a hand that plays very well post flop.

On the flop I was going for a check/raise. I would expect him to cbet here pretty often since the board is fairly dry. Then again, JTx boards connect with a large part of most ranges so maybe he's not so keen on cbetting. Would donk betting here be a viable option?

As played, his raise on the turn didn't make much sense to me. It's unlikely that he's slowplaying here, as I block TT/JJ so the only thing he can really slowplay here is 66 I guess. Or maybe another JTs, of which there is also only 1 combo.

The only value hand that would really make sense here would be 22. That said, he could probably have a fair number of semi bluffs in his range here as well, such as a turned flush draw or a weirdly played straight draw.

The river was a somewhat crappy card. 98 gets there, and if he did indeed turn a flush draw, he now got there as well. 22 of course also still has me beat.

However, I felt like my hand was just a little too strong to just fold here, considering how his line made very little sense to me.

What kind of range can we put our opponent on here? His line still confuses me ?(
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey T,

Preflop is close but being BB it's probably OK.

Postflop, I would not lead vs MP on high cards, he should be too strong there. Vs the turn raise, I would call but he does look like just hitting something. If he is bluffing, calling is the bet play too. On the river it's super close and I lean towards a fold against most people. I would only call if you think your opponent can show up with QQ+ here sometimes.