This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH Zoom - AQo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.02 (100.4 bb)
      SB: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.38 (107.6 bb)
      UTG: $11.19 (223.8 bb)
      MP: $5.17 (103.4 bb)
      CO: $5.34 (106.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.55, BTN raises to $5.02, Hero calls $4.47

Flop: ($10.06) J J K (2 players)
      Turn: ($10.06) 4 (2 players)
      River: ($10.06) 4 (2 players)

Villain is 19/19 over 50 hands.

My plan here was to play 3bet/broke, considering it's BB vs BU. Of course I wouldn't be too happy if he would call my 5bet, but with fold equity and what not I think playing 3bet/broke here should be profitable.

But when he decides to just 4bet shove here, I think he is certainly on a capped range. Playing hands like QQ+ this way makes no sense. He could certainly have AK here, but probably also hands like 77, maybe AJs or even a random KQ.

I find it really tough to put people on a reasonable range when they do things like this. Since I didn't expect him to do this with a very strong hand though, I decided to call.

However, what would be a realistic range to give villain here, and with what range would you call the shove?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey Tino,

I think villain's range is usually smth like TT+. The range I gave is just an estimate so he could have KQ, AJs sometimes ofc. Given the odds, unless you can confidently exclude a good amount of QQ+ combos, I think it's a fold given the odds of facing pair or better vs your hand.