This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQo bet turn?

• 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Why would you play your overpairs the same given the board? Why underbet there when you are at least 100 BB deep? That would mean that you leave a pretty big river bet so it doesn't really add up to a lot of value imo (other than thin value).

Also what hands do you think he reps raising that turn after he cold called a BTN open from a shortie and then called our 3-bet and flop cbet?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I think he reps 77 and 55. But we dont have info about him, so he might have some random bluffs.

But is cbeting flop good? We have only overcards and he has lot of PPs which are not folding.

Only good thing is that we take the pot down and fold his equity in case he has hands like KJ. Also get value from FDs.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi mla,

Why would you play your overpairs the same given the board? Why underbet there when you are at least 100 BB deep? That would mean that you leave a pretty big river bet so it doesn't really add up to a lot of value imo (other than thin value).

Also what hands do you think he reps raising that turn after he cold called a BTN open from a shortie and then called our 3-bet and flop cbet?
      I thought my cbet size is standard because it is a sqeeze pot, and also it allows me to bluff cheaper (or induce bluffs).

When he raises me turn, I think he bluffs 90% of the time, because Kx he would likely fold on flop, and if he would float OOP than he wouldnt raise me on turn, and I think that small PP he doesnt call vs BU shortie, and probably doesnt call my sqeeze OOP.
      I was aware of this when I played and was thinking to shove, but he raised so big that I thought he is commited to call me even with PP turned into bluff.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You do have the best hand that's not a pair so we do have the best hand on the turn when he plays like that.

It's true that some pairs may be turned into a bluff but I doubt it. Most people bluffcatch there.

So given how you played I think you could shove.

Also, as Speed said, the cbet is close because there's not much value and no better folds. You could check back and bluffcatch turn/river against an aggro guy (although in this case he cold called).