a QUESTION for winning ZOOM players

• 18 replies
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      If my motivation is low or I'm not playing close to my A game I might drop a table.

Also if I'm moving up a limit I'll play 2 or 3 until I'm used to it
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I think it's a good idea when moving up in limits as above, just so you have more time to think about bet sizes and generally more time to think during hands.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by peche025
      I think it's a good idea when moving up in limits as above, just so you have more time to think about bet sizes and generally more time to think during hands.
      Agreed. It's also quite easy to lose track of a few BIs or tilt with 4 tables. With say two, you can easily stay in control & quit when you start to notice your game slipping
    • beastFromPrague
      beastFromPrague
      Bronze
      thanks guys for the very relevant answers .)

but i hope u r not the only two winning zoom players here and I'll get some more answers :D
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by beastFromPrague
      thanks guys for the very relevant answers .)

but i hope u r not the only two winning zoom players here and I'll get some more answers :D
      Exact same here.
      When I move up limits I do max 2 tables until sizes come automatic.
      When you work on your game a lot, like studying every day and implementing, don't fall for the VPP/FPP/Rank thing [I did and regret] and play at 2, MAX 3 tables.
      4 is hell and is only for when your game is 1337 and automatic for nearly every situation [and in that case it's GOOOD], or if you are a possibly autistic hyper processing brainiac.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      I think 4 tables is very hectic and even though my hands/hour would be astronomical (I think around 1000?), I'm pretty sure my game would suffer if I played four.

Currently comfortable playing 2, occasionally 3 if a bit card dead.
    • beastFromPrague
      beastFromPrague
      Bronze
      thanks again for the answers, you guys .) i asked this question, because i wanted to know how to estimate if the games are good or bad just by the looks of the player pool

so i have another two questions now:

1) what do you think is the percentage of players that play 4 tables are good players (that are winning pre RB)

2) what do you think is the percentage of players that play less than 4 tables are losing players
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by beastFromPrague
      thanks again for the answers, you guys .) i asked this question, because i wanted to know how to estimate if the games are good or bad just by the looks of the player pool

so i have another two questions now:

1) what do you think is the percentage of players that play 4 tables are good players (that are winning pre RB)

2) what do you think is the percentage of players that play less than 4 tables are losing players
      Depends on your country, poker room, limit, field...
      From my own experience until NL25 excluded there are no good winning players period. [with the exception of those who will stay there for little time because they are too good for the limit]
      On NL25 you can maybe find 2-3 good regulars (that are possibly good enough to upgrade to NL50) on an average of ~20 [4-tablers] or ~35 [3 and 4-tablers]
      On NL50 things get tougher but still, good winning non-nit players increase to a maximum of 5, with 3-4 average.

Everyone with 2 tables is usually BAD with random exceptions.
      Everyone on 1 table sucks. Even fewer random exceptions.
    • m3ta
      m3ta
      Bronze
      I never play less than 4( avg almost exactly 1k hands per hour). nl50 zoom sh

I cant really judge any limits beside nl50 but almost all regs are pretty bad and there are even 4 tabling fish/semifish/fishregs.
    • DjolusVicenus
      DjolusVicenus
      Silver
      @m3ta please tell me how much vpp you get for month, or for like 40k hands on nl50?
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      Over how many hands do you classify "a winning ZOOM player" ?
      thanks
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Over the last 50k hands of nl100 zoom im wknning about 5bb/100 and playing 3 entries. The handreviewer is placed on the place where entry 4 would be.
    • m3ta
      m3ta
      Bronze
      somewhere between 150 and 190 vpp per 1k hands I think.

1.4k rake and if im not mistaken its 6vpp per 1$ rake so thats 8.4k vpp over 48k hands => 175vpp/1k
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by m3ta

1.4k rake and if im not mistaken its 6vpp per 1$ rake so thats 8.4k vpp over 48k hands => 175vpp/1k
      Isn't it 5.5?
    • m3ta
      m3ta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      Originally posted by m3ta

Isn't it 5.5?
      I thought its 5.5 for fr and 6 for sh but I might be wrong :D

edit: ok I checked it, looks like you are right ;) it's 5.5

edit2: well I just checked for this month, so I got 189/1k but there was the +50% happy hour thingy, Im not sure If I played during these hours, so my numbers could be off, but as stated above, depending on your style I think 150-190 is what you should expect.
      Im playing 22/17 with 6% 3bet
    • kierantierney
      kierantierney
      Bronze
      Thinking of starting out on Zoom at the micro level. Should I start on full ring or 6 max? Any other advice for a novice?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kierantierney
      Thinking of starting out on Zoom at the micro level. Should I start on full ring or 6 max? Any other advice for a novice?
      It all depends on what you did so far and what kind of game you are searching for.
      9max is tighter and with less variance (but potentially less profitable), 6max there's more action but with more variance and requires more knowledge to be profitable (but the potential is bigger).

Also, if you are planning to reach high limits, I suggest starting on 6max, as you basically won't find any 9max for limits over NL50, or NL50 itself depending on where you play.

As a general tip, it seems true that generally people are tighter and/or more careful on zoom tables (supposedly because they don't have to wait much for a better hand, so they are less impatient, leading to either less mistakes or just tighter play)
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Bronze
      I am starting my journey in Zoom somewhere this month.
      From my current knowledge the game is basically the same, but tighter, so making the proper adjustments in your Game its the key.
      After u establish that dont really see a reason why not to 4MT, thats what i will be doing asap.