Watch as i turn $250 into a poker dream.

• 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      I was thinking of just making a thread to track my record but whatever **** it, might as well make it more precised.
      I've always had a dream of making playing games. When i was younger i was into competitive gaming because i thought could make a living out of it. Turns out that the money made from all the competitions were too little for a normal living.
      1 day i was hanging out with my friends and 1 of them suggested playing poker, none of us really know hw to play, mostly we just knew the basic rules and stuffs. I was hooked from that moment. Bought some books and decided to learn how to play poker "properly". We will gather almost every weekend just to play poker thru the night. I really enjoy the game so much.

Gradually, i don't know how but i discovered online poker. I was instantly attracted to the idea of being able to play poker anytime from my own home. I thought to myself, "this could be the $$maker that i was looking for". I started making deposits of $50 to $100 to different sites and everytime i will bust my account no matter how high i ran it up to. There was once i deposited $50 and i ran it up to $900 in 1 night playing HUcash. The feeling was indescribable, really love it. Managed to lose it all the next morning too.

I dabbled in cashgames, sngs and mtts. I'm a total loser in cash. I got no idea why but i just can't win. I've watched loads of training vids, and really try to make it work, but i just can't win in cash.
      Sngs and mtts wise were not so bad, for a period of time i was making enough money to live a normal comfortable life just from grinding those. However, everytime i bink a somewhat bigger prizepool mtt, i will either splurge it off or donk it off in cash games.
      This is why up to now, i have pretty much no savings and less than $300 to my name. Some of my good friends were kind enough to loan me some $, i want to pay them back asap.

General plan:
      1) I am going to deposit $250 into pokerstars and grind till $2000 focusing on sngs(maybe some mtts).

2) After that, i am going to focus on HUcash starting from 50NL(I have a friend who crush these HUcash games and he is going to teach me how to do it perhaps through a deal system or something).
  • 27 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey 1stepatimee,

Welcome to Pokerstrategy.com and the English community.

Sounds like you've had a rough time in your poker career so far, hopefully here at PokerStrategy.com we can turn all that lost money into some nice winnings.

We hear these stories regularly so we shouldn't have a problem helping you along the way.

First of all, its great that you've made a plan and all you need to do is stick to it and be true to yourself.

I see your still basic, have you passed our quiz?

Also we have a large range of poker-rooms, maybe some of these offers might interest you.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and goodluck with your poker-career.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/61qw.jpg/\

Deposited $250 into pokerstars.
      Let the journey begin!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Fixed your image :f_biggrin:

Originally posted by 1stepatimee

Let the journey begin!
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      things prolly wont go as you think they'll go...
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      Day 1

I decided to play the $2.50 180man turbos to grind my BR up. I haven't been playing them for quite awhile so i decided to not play too many tables today or any long sessions. I'll increase my volume in them gradually.
      Was losing quite abit in the beginning, took a short break and thought about some spots again while watching a training video about these tournaments to refresh my memory.
      Lucky for me it went pretty well after the break, got a 1st and 2nd in a span of i think 25games.
      Gonna try to increase my volume day by day, tmr i hope to hit 75-100games.

Starting Bankroll: $250
      Games played today: 50
      Total games played: 50

https://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1254/xdux.jpg

Session Profit/Loss: +$98.61
      Current Bankroll: $348.61
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Good luck sir!

We are somewhat in the same boat and I am very interested in where you'll be in 3 months.

Hopefully achieving your goals like everyone else here :)

Take Care,

Maythany
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      Originally posted by justkyle88

https://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4687/61qw.jpg

Let the journey begin!
      Thanks! How to insert image?
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      Originally posted by maythany
      Good luck sir!

We are somewhat in the same boat and I am very interested in where you'll be in 3 months.

Hopefully achieving your goals like everyone else here :)

Take Care,

Maythany
      Thank you!

We will both get there with hardwork and discipline.
    • xHobox
      xHobox
      Bronze
      Basic members carnt post images
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      Day 2

Decided to play 75 to a 100 games today, glad that i hit my target but sadly today is a whole day of running back at the final tables. I got into quite afew final tables but just can't hit the jackpot. At 1 time there were 2tables with just 3 people left, and i finished 3rd in both of them. The difference between a 1st and the rest of the position is really huge. Got in a ton of cooler spots in the FT too. 77<66(6 on the river), 99<44(4 on the river).
      I mixed in some micro mtts into the grind too, nothing too fancy, just some $2 to $3 mtts. Hope i'll bink 1 of those soon!

Starting Bankroll: $348.61
      Games played today: 100
      Total games played: 150

https://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5566/0vzi.jpg

Session Profit/Loss: -$90.19
      Current Bankroll: $258.42
    • AArvanity
      AArvanity
      Bronze
      its too aggresive bm 100bi on 180 ;]
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      Day 3

Pretty much nothing today, decided to not play too many tables because i think i havent got use to mass tabling too much. Need some time to get back to playing more tables again.
      Played a few $2 to $3 mtts again, didnt bink any. Deepest run was the hot $3.30, nothing much.. Shoved 88 with 15BBs from MP, i think its pretty standard in that spot? Called by JJ :(

Graphs is abit off due to playing some small rebuy tourneys.

Starting Bankroll: $258.42
      Games played today: 60
      Total games played: 210

https://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2967/82lw.jpg

Session Profit/Loss: +$36.76
      Current Bankroll: $295.18
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      Day 4

Such a **** day, nothing much in the 180s, just not running well. Was really deep in a $2.70 mtt, i was 1st of 90 left for some moment(4.7k runners). And i got AA < 99. Sigh, ****ty ****ty day. Noticed that i forgot to set my tableninja to not auto rebuy, which is why there is sucha big gap between graph and real results. Hope tmr will go well, if not i am going to drop down in stakes.

Starting Bankroll: $295.18
      Games played today: 89
      Total games played: 299

https://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6795/8yu2.jpg

Session Profit/Loss: -$147.53
      Current Bankroll: $147.65
    • frazz4
      frazz4
      Bronze
      GOD LUCK, im in the same pos, winning tornys but big loosing at cash. ive ran my bank role up to 300 from 20 in the last few weeks and trying to stay away from cash just playing 180s and 9 mans too. i just play 4 tables anything over that and it all goes down hill. i do love to play more but cant make profit out of it especially like you say when i final table 1st is very important so watching the tables and getting it in in the right spots is key.
    • AArvanity
      AArvanity
      Bronze

comming like i said :D
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      Originally posted by frazz4
      GOD LUCK, im in the same pos, winning tornys but big loosing at cash. ive ran my bank role up to 300 from 20 in the last few weeks and trying to stay away from cash just playing 180s and 9 mans too. i just play 4 tables anything over that and it all goes down hill. i do love to play more but cant make profit out of it especially like you say when i final table 1st is very important so watching the tables and getting it in in the right spots is key.
      Hope we both run well together :D

Originally posted by AArvanity
      haha you seem like you cant wait to see me bust eh?
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      Internet was down for the whole of yesterday, so couldn't post update for day 5 and i didnt play any yesterday. Took a good 1day off its time to grind hard through this week!
    • 1stepatimee
      1stepatimee
      Basic
      [B]Day 5[/B]

Not a bad day for, managed to play a decent amount of games with some decent results. Winning tosses on FT is really really impt. Watched more videos and worked abit more on my push/fold ranges. Gonna try it out for the week ahead, hopefully i get some good results! Graph is quite off due to rebuys that are not recorded.

Starting Bankroll: $147.65
      Games played today: 101
      Total games played: 400

https://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9059/w1no.jpg

Session Profit/Loss: +$108
      Current Bankroll: $255
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88

Let the journey begin!
      Thanks! How to insert image?
      Because you are a "Basic Member" we do not allow you to post images.

Have you thought about increasing your status to Bronze+?

Regards,

Kyle.