This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 AJo .

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9,72
      BB:
      $4,22
      Hero:
      $29,53
      MP3:
      $108,29
      CO:
      $25,31
      BU:
      $24,09

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BU calls $1,00, SB folds, BB raises to $4,22 (All-In), Hero calls $3,22, BU calls $3,22.

Flop: ($12,76) 2:spade: , 6:heart: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($12,76) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($12,76) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BU folds.

Final Pot: $14,76

Go directly pf. all-in?
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      BU pfr is 0, so I´d just call and hope to check it down if you miss on the flop.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      All-in PF with AJ off is not the way to go. I would, however, fire a barrel on the flop, to drop BU fast.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukac26
      All-in PF with AJ off is not the way to go. I would, however, fire a barrel on the flop, to drop BU fast.
      You dont want play oop with AJ, and bigstack oponent only called behind you. You want play only against the shortstack
    • BReWs7aR
      BReWs7aR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      BU pfr is 0, so I´d just call and hope to check it down if you miss on the flop.
      I don't agree with that. We get into trouble when we call here in this spot with AJ out of position because we've got a top pair type hand and we miss the Flop two of three times. Our equity is the strongest when we can play with less oponents. So I prefer pushing preflop because Bu doesn't show up that he´s got a strong hand because he calls.
      As played, I like a bigger value bet on the river. I prefer 7$.

;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BReWs7aR
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I don't agree with that. We get into trouble when we call here in this spot with AJ out of position because we've got a top pair type hand and we miss the Flop two of three times. Our equity is the strongest when we can play with less oponents. So I prefer pushing preflop because Bu doesn't show up that he´s got a strong hand because he calls.
      As played, I like a bigger value bet on the river. I prefer 7$.

;)
      I´d push also, but BU pfr is 0, so he could easily hold here TT+, AK, which he won´t fold.
      Postflop game is passive, so mostly you´ll end up checking it down against one pair hand, unless he holds monster.
      So that ś why I think shoving is wrong here.
    • BReWs7aR
      BReWs7aR
      Bronze
      Bu doesn't raise, he calls twice. So the pfr is uninteresting for us. The BB pushes and we could easily shove. :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You´re probably right. Since there isn´t shown 3-bet %, then I can´t assume that he is draping with monster hands and sample size isn´t also that big.
      So shoving pf is fine.