PKR Double Thru tournaments

• Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      It's been some time since I last wrote something in the forum. Anyway, I just want to put down where am I at the beginning of August 2013:
      - I've been playing some poker, mostly for a couple of hours in the evening.
      - I 've made some progress in PokerStars. Currently I have about 52 € in my account.
      - At the beginning of August I've deposited $60 at the PKR for a bonus (August promotion). I've played some SNGs and Double trough tournaments and currently my BR is at $76. I want to clear some bonus here so I'm mostly playing at PKR at the moment.

As I mentioned before, I'm mostly playing at the PKR at the moment. I have played few SNGs at the $1.5 buy-in level, but mostly I'm playing FR $1.5 and $3.5 Double Thru tournaments. I have watched one good video and am trying to stick to the tactics I saw in it. At the moment it is working for me:
      - played 16 Double Thru tournaments
      - made it into the money in 13 tournaments

So far I can say that the players are really soft, mostly playing too much hands, especially near or at the bubble. The game is slow, so you have enough time to think about the next move even if you play 4+ tables.

The only thing is that you have to wait long time for the tables to fill, because even in the evening hours the total number of players rarely goes over 6.000.

My plans for August:
      - stick to the PKR Double Thru tournaments
      - play at $1.5 and $3.5 level.
      - stick to proper money management - have at least 20 buy-ins for the next level
      - try to clear some bonus (I need 30 tournaments at $3.5 level for $3 of bonus)
      - watch some more Fifty/fifty videos and session reviews

I'll keep posting some results and reviews in the future.
  • 8 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Samo2 and welcome to blogs, it's good to have you posting again. :)

I play at PKR as well but cash games, I'm absolutely no good at all at SnGs, so good luck with those!

Have fun blogging,

Mal.
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Hi, gadget51, and thanks for best wishes. It's good you play cash games, so there is one good player less at the DoN tables :D . Anyway, I'm continuing with good results ATM and I will post some analysis at the end of the week.

Yesterday I had two interesting DoNs.

At one that started in the morning just after the beginning I had something urgent to do, so I had to go away from my computer. It was $1.5 level so I didn't have problem with that. When I came back about an hour later the tournament has finished already and I shiped ITM, lol. I would like to play more DoNs like this :f_cool: .

The other was totaly oposite. It was $6 level (I played it because it was late evening and I didn't want to wait for the 4th $3.5 to fill out). Until the bubble the play was nothing special but then the real game began. We had a fishy big stack that didn't now how to play the bubble. He was playing almost every hand, giving chips to short stacks and taking them back. It was incredible as we couldn't finish the tournament. I was strugling to stay alive but at the 1K/2K blinds level it's just a lottery. At one moment there was another fish that went to less than 1 BB stack. The fishy big stack reised and one good player called. Nothing special came on flop and the good player typed he has KK. The fishy big stack reised, good player folded as he didn't want to get busted and the game went to the river. The fishy big stack showed AXo and lost the game to bigger AXo. The good player went mad and told some really bad words to the big stack because we could finish the tournament already. As a result I went short stacked in another two hands. At that moment I lost connection to the internet when I should be on the BB next hand with about 1.5 BB left. When I came back in few minutes the tournament has finished already and I finished ITM. I don't know what happened but probably I've got a hand in BB that put another short stack out of the game. Sorry for the long story but I'm using PT4, so I can't post the hand.

As you can see, this Double Thru tourneys are really interesting, lol.

As I'm typing this I've just finished one $1.5 tournament. Played only two hands and finished ITM.
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      I have some spare time at the moment, waiting for the movie to start at 20.00 (my darling wife wants that we watch it together :f_cry: ) so I have decided to type something in the forum.

By today, I have managed to play 78 SNGs:
      - 5 x $1,5 SNG
      - 15 x $1,5 DTs (DoNs)
      - 4 x $3,5 SNGs
      - 46 x $3,5 DTs
      - 7 x $6 DTs

I've managed to win $36,2 + $6 from bonus, which I would get at the end of the month as a 30% rakeback anyway. I need to do some better ananlysis in MS Excel, as PT4 is not tracking PKR hands history.

I can say that this PKR Double Thru SNGs are good way to earn some money (now I hope not all regs here will jump to PKR :f_grin: ). They are easy to beat, you just need patience and a hand or two before the bubble. On the bubble, you can just wait that the shortest player looses his nerves and pushes into some big stack. If you are the shortest in chips, you can try and push some reasonable hand and hope to survive.

One problem that I see is the traffic which is more or less normal in the late afternoon and evening hours. As I am a family man with a regular job, I can't afford playing a lot in the evening hours. So I guess I can play about 150 games per month, which would also earn me $18 of rakeback at $3,5 level.

When I reach 20 buy-ins of next level ($6), I will try to play more at that level, maybe mixing it with $3,5 level to increase volume. It should happen this week as I'm quite close to it (my current bankroll is over $107).
    • iFortunatus
      iFortunatus
      Bronze
      is PKR really fishy as I'm sure a lot of fish like it just for the interface? also is it possible to multi table on this site I assume if you can you will need a very good pc?

Good luck with goals though I'll be following!
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      At the micro levels I think it's quite fishy. I don't know about higher levels - I'll tell you if I ever get there :f_grin: .

You can multi table, but as you noticed, you need better PC. I'm using PKR Lite application witch runs in 2D mode. You can't do fancy gestures like in 3D and such things, but it runs smothly. My PC is outdated Intel Dual core with 2 GB RAM, running Windows XP and I can normaly play 6 tables at a time. I haven't tried more.
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      As promised, I have made some analytics in MS Excel. Here are the results:

Type Buy-in Games played ITM ITM % $ WON ROI
      DT 1,5 15 12 80% $7,50 33%
      DT 3,5 52 37 71% $47,40 26%
      DT 6 7 4 57% $1,60 4%
      SNG 1,5 5 1 20% -$2,50 -33%
      SNG 3,5 4 1 25% -$7,80 -56%

I've also earned $6 from bonus and there will be some money from 30% rakeback at the end of the month. If I'm not wrong, I earn $3.6 per 1,200 PKR points. After bonus deduction of $3 I still get $0.6.

Anyway, how can you make a spreadsheet (table) in this forum? Help me, please :f_confused: .
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      lol you got me completely confused with your rake back calculation. the bonus deduction is made on the rake and not on the rakeback.

say you pay $500 rake and get $200 bonus

the rake you will get is:

($500 - $200) * 0.3 so $90

with a bonus going the rakeback is generally pretty close to 50% (including the bonus)
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Thanks for explanation. It was unclear to me, how they calculate this. Probably should take more time to find better info.

Anyway, I'm happy I will get more rakeback at the end, lol.