This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ on wet board HU IP

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em Zoom (6 handed)

No info on the opponent

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.49
      SB:
      $12.06
      BB:
      $21.01
      MP2:
      $8.79
      MP3:
      $10.58
      CO (Hero):
      $11.47

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) T, 9, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.7) A (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero ?

1) what is the best line on the flop? Vs fish it's definitely a raise but what about presumably TAG? I actually planned to call flop, raise blank turn not to give him a possibility to 3b and force me out of the hand, I think it's very unlikely for him to 3b bluff\semibluff on the turn but it's quite possible on the flop.
      2) what to do on this turn?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think calling flop is fine against unknown. If we had some information we could think about raising but against unknown I prefer calling and planning to call one or two streets more.

As played, I think we should rather fold this turn.
      I am not sure how often he is going to bet here a hand such as QT or so, so I prefer to let this go and not get into nasty spots on river.

Best,
      Plamen
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      What would you do in case say 2 of spades hits the board on the turn and we face the same sized bet?

I'm amazed by your decision on this turn, I was considering fold but decided not to let it go because I thought he could use this ace as a scare card. And he had AJo.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      If the 2s hits the board I would rather call as we now still beat most of his draws and possible bluffs from flop.