[NL2-NL10] JJ on wet board HU IP

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em Zoom (6 handed)

No info on the opponent

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.49
      SB:
      $12.06
      BB:
      $21.01
      MP2:
      $8.79
      MP3:
      $10.58
      CO (Hero):
      $11.47

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) T, 9, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.7) A (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero ?

1) what is the best line on the flop? Vs fish it's definitely a raise but what about presumably TAG? I actually planned to call flop, raise blank turn not to give him a possibility to 3b and force me out of the hand, I think it's very unlikely for him to 3b bluff\semibluff on the turn but it's quite possible on the flop.
      2) what to do on this turn?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think calling flop is fine against unknown. If we had some information we could think about raising but against unknown I prefer calling and planning to call one or two streets more.

As played, I think we should rather fold this turn.
      I am not sure how often he is going to bet here a hand such as QT or so, so I prefer to let this go and not get into nasty spots on river.

Best,
      Plamen
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      What would you do in case say 2 of spades hits the board on the turn and we face the same sized bet?

I'm amazed by your decision on this turn, I was considering fold but decided not to let it go because I thought he could use this ace as a scare card. And he had AJo.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      If the 2s hits the board I would rather call as we now still beat most of his draws and possible bluffs from flop.