[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH Zoom - KTo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.21 (104.2 bb)
      SB: $2.70 (54 bb)
      BB: $2.33 (46.6 bb)
      UTG: $7.03 (140.6 bb)
      MP: $5.32 (106.4 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5.56 (111.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T K
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN folds, SB calls $0.10, BB calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.36) 6 2 K (3 players)
      SB bets $0.15, BB folds, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.66) T (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.60

River: ($2.16) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.05, Hero raises to $2.10, SB calls $0.63 and is all-in

Villain is unknown, but seems fishy based on his weird flop donk.

Pretty standard open pre I think. Or would you consider just folding this with two mid stacks in the blinds?

When the SB donks out on this flop, I don't expect him to have much of a strong hand. A set/two pair would probably check/raise instead. So I'd expect him to have a weak hand here, like a weak Kx/6x or a flush draw. Perhaps hands like 54s or even complete air. Though it is 3way, so complete air is unlikely I think.

That said, I don't think I can completely discount stronger Kx from his range completely.

I was torn between raising or just calling his bet. I think raising is a pretty viable option here to get value from weaker Kx and flush draws. At the same time, a raise folds out his weaker hands like 6x or second pair most likely, which he might either barrel again or call another bet with if he checks the turn.

So I opted to call. Of course I do risk the flush draw completing. So I'm still not sure if this was the best way to go.

As played, when he bets the turn very small again and I make essentially the nuts (with such weird, small bets I highly doubt he has a set here ever). So now the decision is pretty easy I think: raise for value. I made it $0.75 to set up a decent stack for a river shove. Could I have made it slightly bigger here though? Or would that fold out too many of his weaker hands?

River plays itself of course.

So my biggest issue here is the flop. What's best?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi TinoLaan

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Stack + weird donk = usually fishy player.

I would prefer a raise on the flop for value/protection and if he 3-bets we can still fold.

As played the rest looks fine.