This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 blockbet

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $50,89
      Hero:
      $25,90
      MP2:
      $23,23
      MP3:
      $25,13
      CO:
      $24,18
      BU:
      $70,03

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:diamond: , 3:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,25, 3 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,75) Q:diamond: , K:diamond: , T:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,50, MP2 raises to $1,50, SB folds, Hero calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,75) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, MP2 calls $0,50.

River: ($4,75) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,25, MP2 raises to $6,00, Hero calls $4,75.

Final Pot: $16,75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, sixes and threes (6d 3d)
      MP2 shows a pair of aces (As Ac)

Hero wins with two pairs, sixes and threes (6d 3d)

could I re-raise the river?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d c/c turn, if you´re making that small bet, then 95% it shows weakness and players would re-raise to 4$ and what would you do then?
      I´d make 4$ on the river, but fold to re-raise, since it is unlikely that MP2 is re-raising with one pair here. AGainst re-raise you can´t shove, since your hand isn´t best most of the times.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      I peeked into results, my bad. But his line makes sense actually. Initially I put him on AK,AQ and he tries to pull some value out of rags on the river.

Bottom two is a dangerous hand. I'd fold to his raise on the river. Not just on the river.. on the flop already.

Re-raising river is very bad.

A very bad call on several levels (you're notr getting the odds to draw to your flush, your flush, even if you made it, would be a very ratty one and may not even win, if you hit a pair, you're still dead to anybody).

+ the guy with AA wouldn't call you names after runner-runnering him with bottom two. Well.. it was his funeral.. he should have raised on the turn.