This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom QQ river bluffcatch

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($41.52)
      BB ($34.34)
      UTG ($25)
      Hero ($39.51)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($33.86)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO raises to $2.15, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.40

FLOP ($4.65) 5:club: 4:club: A:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($4.65) 5:club: 4:club: A:spade: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $2.30, CO calls $2.30

RIVER ($9.25) 5:club: 4:club: A:spade: 6:diamond: 5:spade:

Hero bets $3, CO raises to $8, Hero calls $5

Hero shows Q:spade: Q:club:
      (Pre 56%, Flop 9.5%, Turn 4.5%)

CO shows A:club: K:diamond:
      (Pre 44%, Flop 90.5%, Turn 95.5%)

CO wins $24.11

20/16, 3bet 21.4 (14), afq total 50, 26h

Preflop - I think if I 4bet - it will look very strong, he can have wide 3bet range, stat show this so far, 4bet generally work well as bluffs from what I remember. This hand has decedn playability as bluffcatcher, not many bad cards can be - K and A only.

Turn - bet for thin valuye from 77-JJ. Actually not sure if he has that mamu those hands. But he can also have some draws. 78 has hit. BUt he can have 67 or K6 which might call.

River again for thin value. And this bet mightg have induced a bluff I decided. And I also never eve ever ever put him on Ax. Was prepared to fold, but because he has no Ax, I called. Usually Ax cbet flop.

He might not cbets weaker ace like AJ- but then he probably is not raiseing them.
      There might be Ax which hit 2 piar or FH - A4-A6. A5, A4 should cbet flop all day long, because he wants to get stacks in by river.
      A6 problay also should raise - to make pot bigger.
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: You are OOP so why play against an unknown in a spot where you will have a harder time postflop? At least it's better than calling AKo.

4-bet would obviously be a +ev play.

Postflop: As played he can also have KK that takes this line and I don't really see what you are valuebetting against.

What hands can he really call river with that 3-bet pre, ck flop and call turn?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      You are OOP so why play against an unknown in a spot where you will have a harder time postflop?

I am in MP, so my 4bet look so strong that I belive he would shove KK+ often. Maybe QQ, but I QQ have myself so not much of them.

With AK players like to flat often, proably because they also dont want to 3bet/fold and dont want to 3bet/shove vs QQ+ range.

What hands can he really call river with that 3-bet pre, ck flop and call turn?

not much. If he does not have 77-JJ then proably there is no weaker hands wchich could call.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Most people don't 3-bet 77-JJ in these spots so there's not a lot of value if any.

As far as the 4-bet preflop I would expect at least QQ+/AK in his range there. And you can always 4-bet smaller if you are afraid of folds.

What makes you think they only have KK+? That seems rather tight for MP vs CO.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      What makes you think they only have KK+? That seems rather tight for MP vs CO.

It looks that often when I 4bet - I get folds. ANd also I see them flatting preflop w AK.

Some of course stakoff with AK and even lighter. BUt I think QQ playes well as bluffcatchrer. He can have many 3bet bluffs.

When I get in, its like coin flip.

If I would have dynamic - made 4bet vs this player then I would like 4beting this.

Btw what do you think about his play with Ak on flop? It actually makes some sence, because he got value when I did not put him on Ax and made mistakes.
      From 2nd pairs he is not getting much value anyway, only 2 strees max I think.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I'm pretty sure we talked about this a lot in the past so I won't spend too much time but you do not 4-bet QQ to just get it in. A lot of your profit comes from taking down the pot right there.

Given your hand and what hands you may have his play with AK is pretty poor imo. Your hand will pay him two streets here usually so he didn't really get that much more out of you.

What he did is make sure that he loses max value vs Ax hands (which he could stack).
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure we talked about this a lot in the past so I won't spend too much time but you do not 4-bet QQ to just get it in. A lot of your profit comes from taking down the pot right there.

Yeah, I remember this, but I somehow was thinking that its important with AK, because AK is just ace high post flop, not beating much. But not with such strong pair. Its like I dont want to get folds with QQ. But ok, I will try to remember that with QQ folds are ok.