[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AA oop v aggro fish

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I have villain labelled red which means agro fish. He's playing 57/35 with 22 3b. over 150 hands. FT3B = 0.

Flop stats are:

cb/ftcb/ bet v missed cb
      67/13/75

He appears a lot tighter and more passive on the turn and river. But I don't really have much of a sample on later streets.

Notes:

x/r tpgk on dry board as pfr
      cc and 3b flop w/top2

PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $37.44 (149.8 bb)
      BTN: $22.75 (91 bb)
      SB: $23.17 (92.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $27.24 (109 bb)
      MP: $25.35 (101.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      MP folds, CO raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.25, CO calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.60) 4 4 5 (2 players)

I think preflop is standard. When he calls my 3b imo he has a range of pp's/broadways/some suited connectors and one-gappers/ and Axs.

(22+, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo, T9o)

So on the flop we have 3 choices: x/c, x/r or bet.

Bet

He's been quite stationary so far so we'll get called by plenty worse. I don't think there are too many scare cards for our hand (flush draw is a small part of his range) so we can comfortable bet a lot of turns and rivers. Being a 3bet pot it'll be easy to get stacks in too.

Check/call

When we check he bets a lot of hands that'll otherwise fold when we bet so we get that bit of value from those. But hes only been aggressive on the flop and I haven't seen anything to suggest he's like that on the other streets so I think he bets once then checks back turn a lot.

Check/raise

As above we get value from hands that'll otherwise fold when we bet, but when we raise I still think he calls hands like 5x/66/77 that will otherwise fold on a lot of turns if for eg a broadway card comes.

So.....

Flop: ($6.60) 4 4 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.95, Hero raises to $10,

I decided to x/r basically because I still think he calls with a wide range. We get value from hands that'll otherwise fold and we set up stacks to play the hand on 2 streets so we get more value from draws.

Does my thought process make sense? x/r > betting?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi holmeboy,

Preflop: Since we are 110 deep and we have a fish I think we can 3-bet even larger.

Postflop: I understand where you are coming from and I think both options are fine. By ck/raising we allow him to bluff more and also allow ourselves to put the money on two streets.