This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AA oop v aggro fish

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I have villain labelled red which means agro fish. He's playing 57/35 with 22 3b. over 150 hands. FT3B = 0.

Flop stats are:

cb/ftcb/ bet v missed cb
      67/13/75

He appears a lot tighter and more passive on the turn and river. But I don't really have much of a sample on later streets.

Notes:

x/r tpgk on dry board as pfr
      cc and 3b flop w/top2

PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $37.44 (149.8 bb)
      BTN: $22.75 (91 bb)
      SB: $23.17 (92.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $27.24 (109 bb)
      MP: $25.35 (101.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      MP folds, CO raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.25, CO calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.60) 4 4 5 (2 players)

I think preflop is standard. When he calls my 3b imo he has a range of pp's/broadways/some suited connectors and one-gappers/ and Axs.

(22+, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo, T9o)

So on the flop we have 3 choices: x/c, x/r or bet.

Bet

He's been quite stationary so far so we'll get called by plenty worse. I don't think there are too many scare cards for our hand (flush draw is a small part of his range) so we can comfortable bet a lot of turns and rivers. Being a 3bet pot it'll be easy to get stacks in too.

Check/call

When we check he bets a lot of hands that'll otherwise fold when we bet so we get that bit of value from those. But hes only been aggressive on the flop and I haven't seen anything to suggest he's like that on the other streets so I think he bets once then checks back turn a lot.

Check/raise

As above we get value from hands that'll otherwise fold when we bet, but when we raise I still think he calls hands like 5x/66/77 that will otherwise fold on a lot of turns if for eg a broadway card comes.

So.....

Flop: ($6.60) 4 4 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.95, Hero raises to $10,

I decided to x/r basically because I still think he calls with a wide range. We get value from hands that'll otherwise fold and we set up stacks to play the hand on 2 streets so we get more value from draws.

Does my thought process make sense? x/r > betting?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi holmeboy,

Preflop: Since we are 110 deep and we have a fish I think we can 3-bet even larger.

Postflop: I understand where you are coming from and I think both options are fine. By ck/raising we allow him to bluff more and also allow ourselves to put the money on two streets.