This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH K8s 4b pot bvb

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $39.41 (157.6 bb)
      BB: $24.48 (97.9 bb)
      UTG: $25.92 (103.7 bb)
      MP: $14.20 (56.8 bb)
      CO: $25 (100 bb)
      BTN: $52.82 (211.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 K
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, BB raises to $1.86, Hero raises to $4.50, BB calls $2.64

Flop: ($9) K 4 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($18) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($18) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $9, Hero calls $9

Villain is an ABC reg playing 20/14 over 600 hands. Don't have a sample on his bb v sb 3b. His overall one is 4% so far. Quite aggressive from what I've seen. (ie. 86% flop/turn cb).

I 4b bluff preflop with K8s, don't have a sample on how he reacts to 4bets but I think its an ok hand with a blocker and too weak to call.

So we he calls my 4b I think his range looks something like: QQ-TT, AQ+. Imo KK+ 5bets, and maybe even some combos of AK but I'm not sure so I left these in his calling range.

On the flop I don't think any weaker hands call or better hands fold so betting doesn't accomplish much. Given how aggressive he's been postflop I decide to x/c thinking he bets with his entire range here. The only issue with this is he's quite barrel happy. So when he x back the T I think his range looks more like QQ/JJ/AQ especially when the K on the river cuts down his value combos. And the 1/2 pot bet seems suspicious considering he's got 1 pot size bet left, and regs at the site tend to play their nut hands very aggressively.

Is it ok to bluffcatch in these spots or should we be folding flop?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey David,

You play against a PKR reg -here that also seemed passive preflop so far so wouldn't 4bet against him.

If you do 4bet, flopping K means you have a decent bluffcatcher against his range containing hands like 77-JJ, AQ, KQ, KJs, QJs, JTs, sometimes AK, QQ. That means I think your line is great postflop. River is ofc close but you beat enough to call with your trips given the odds as well BUT preflop is unprofitable imo. He is too tight to expect enough folds here.