MP1: $51.33
      MP2: $9.50
      CO: $33.99
      Hero (BTN): $8.44
      SB: $10.47
      BB: $10.33
      UTG: $76.53
      UTG+1: $65.22

Pre-Flop: 6:spade: 6:club: dealt to Hero (BTN)
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $2, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($6.75) 2:spade: 7:spade: 5:club: (3 Players)
      MP2 bets $4, 2 folds

Results: $6.75 Pot

When this happened i thought i would be able to extract value if i hit my 6, but in retrospect i'm not so sure. What do you guys think?

edit; Oh, i also know i can't bargain on the prospect of a free turn card either.

edit 2; I'm now sure that this move was wrong. At best i can get $17.75 out of this hand. for $2 that price is just not good enough. To call this $2 bet i would need to be able to extract $40 to make it worthwhile.... (am i right?)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Sometimes it's worth to call with pockets but I don't do that with minraises. Try to just limp if there are at least 3 limpers. Without stats you can easily fold the hand. Lets see what judges advice.
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      its sometimes nice to call a raise but not in this situation because you do not have pot odds, nor implied pot odds, for pocket pair you'll need at least 6:1 maybe even a bit more if i'm not mistaken...

In this situation you have about 2.5:1 pot odds and lets say about 5.5:1 implied if they make cbet and u go all in.

So in this spot its not profitable to call preflop.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black

edit 2; I'm now sure that this move was wrong. At best i can get $17.75 out of this hand. for $2 that price is just not good enough. To call this $2 bet i would need to be able to extract $40 to make it worthwhile.... (am i right?)
      you definately shouldn't call. you can overlimp in late position or overcall a minraise if the situation allows.
      I guess you mean you'd get $17 if you stacked both your opponents, but that's so unlikely that it's irrelevant.

For the call to be profitable you need to win more than $2 on average. you are only playing for set value, so if we assume that's you'll hit the flop 1/9 times and only win when you hit the flop, this means that you need to win about $18 on average every time you hit. You'll hardly every stack both opponents, and you won't always stack any opponents, plus you'll sometimes lose after hitting. so maybe you'll win $5 or something each time you hit (on average)
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      If you were to deviate from basic sss then if you know they often fold to 3bets then a squeeze could be a good play. But for this you need a large amount of stats of both oppenents >1k hands. So in general a fold would be the best option.
    • greyboy
      greyboy
      Black
      Even with 20BB you have to fold here.
      You can only cold call a small pocket to a minraise if there is coldcaller in front of you and you have 20BB.