[NL20-NL50] [SH] ZOOM NL50 3bet pot oop

• maritsula
      maritsula
      Silver
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $78.34 (156.7 bb)
      Hero (SB): $96.58 (193.2 bb)
      BB: $60.40 (120.8 bb)
      UTG: $63.13 (126.3 bb)
      MP: $22.35 (44.7 bb)
      CO: $119.09 (238.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4, BB folds, BTN raises to $12, Hero calls $8

Flop: ($24.50) 3 T 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $14,

Villain is opening 45% btn folded 0/4 on Btn and raised 25% of 3bets ( dont have the exact stat for Btn 4bets)

I guess calling flop and any blank turn/river is best vs the specific opponent?
  • 3 replies
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      With those stacks I like flatting more pre to avoid exactly getting into this spot, unless BB is very squeeze happy. When you get 4b and such a small sample on villain you are in a really tough spot and I really wouldn't call the 4b OOP. Cause on that flop you are doing really bad against his value range and he can still have some outs or push you off the hand with something like A4o.
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Silver
      Originally posted by circoflax
      With those stacks I like flatting more pre to avoid exactly getting into this spot, unless BB is very squeeze happy. When you get 4b and such a small sample on villain you are in a really tough spot and I really wouldn't call the 4b OOP. Cause on that flop you are doing really bad against his value range and he can still have some outs or push you off the hand with something like A4o.
      Yeah against really tought opponents i might do the same

But against such an unbalnanced villain it feels bad to just flat pre and take the easy road

I guess if I had a slightly larger history on him i could see myslef stacking off post flop.

In this spot I opted to fold which makes for a bad played hand i suppose as I was only planning on continuing on a Jxx ( I dont think he ever checks flop )
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by maritsula
      Originally posted by circoflax
      Yeah against really tought opponents i might do the same

But against such an unbalnanced villain it feels bad to just flat pre and take the easy road

I guess if I had a slightly larger history on him i could see myslef stacking off post flop.

In this spot I opted to fold which makes for a bad played hand i suppose as I was only planning on continuing on a Jxx ( I dont think he ever checks flop )
      \

Hi maritsula,

I'll second what circoflax mentioned but I'll add a few more things.

Think about it like this: you called a 4-bet preflop (a big one at that given he made it 24 BB and you just 3-bet to 8 BB) then you have an overpair on the flop and just fold to a cbet.

That implies that you are calling pre to set mine, at best... so you can see where I am going with this.

So just fold preflop (versus 4bet) or have a plan moving forward. Just because he didn't fold 4 times to a 3-bet doesnt mean we know anything about his postflop or how we can play this OOP in a big pot.