This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] ZOOM NL50 tough spot with middle set

• maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $48.50 (97 bb)
      SB: $71.29 (142.6 bb)
      BB: $53.53 (107.1 bb)
      UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP): $96.90 (193.8 bb)
      CO: $63.70 (127.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) K Q T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB raises to $9.50, Hero calls $6.50

Turn: ($22.25) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $21, Hero folds

Villain is u/k. 0/9 times 3b
      47/16 out of 16 hands

Well on the flop when I pot it and he makes it 3x I believe he is super strong

Possible Combos:
      3 KK

3 TT
      3 KQ
      9 KT
      3 QT

12 AJ
      12 J9

We can rule out KK (3bet pre) and most of two pair combos as i doubt he plays two pairs that way

So in the end I think it was 24 combos of straights vs at most 10 combos we have beat

Should I also include any oesd + fd combos?
  • 3 replies
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      I think you can exclude QQ from his range for a little small reason :P

Against unknown who looks kinda fishy I usually take my chances on the flop. I think you are better than flipping against his whole range (since he looks fishy he can have all the 2 pair combos I think). If you think he never stacks of with 2pair on the flop, then calling is clearly better.

As played, I think I'd to fold the turn too...
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Originally posted by circoflax
      I think you can exclude QQ from his range for a little small reason :P

Against unknown who looks kinda fishy I usually take my chances on the flop. I think you are better than flipping against his whole range (since he looks fishy he can have all the 2 pair combos I think). If you think he never stacks of with 2pair on the flop, then calling is clearly better.

As played, I think I'd to fold the turn too...
      haha:P

Oops!

Not sure if i like stacking off on the flop. his big x/r is very strong. I doubt he plays two pairs like that
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      hi maritsula,

I would also remove some J9 combos and these guys overvalue all 2p/sets here so I'd count them all.

I think that pair+draw may also occasionally raise and since we almost always have top set here I don't mind stacking off. Even if we are behind to a straight we still have equity.