[NL20-NL50] AKo vs raise flop, and turn

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 61.06 BB
      SB: 188.36 BB (VPIP: 15.42, PFR: 11.22, 3Bet Preflop: 5.81, Hands: 217)
      BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 114.62 BB (VPIP: 38.46, PFR: 26.15, 3Bet Preflop: 9.52, Hands: 67)
      MP: 114.22 BB (VPIP: 31.43, PFR: 25.71, 3Bet Preflop: 22.22, Hands: 35)
      Hero (CO): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) A:heart: 2:diamond: 7:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 5 BB, SB raises to 13 BB, Hero calls 8 BB

Turn: (33 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 22 BB, SB raises to 172.36 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 62 BB and is all-in

River: (201 BB, 2 players) J:club:

He raises flop 2/5, this is what makes me to call him down. Also I think he would raise more often vs CO, if I would be UTG or MP I would snap fold this vs almost everyone.

Is turn bet ok? I think I am ahead, when he checks he either decided to fold or to pot control maybe AQ, AJ if he raises that for value. When he shoves, I find it totally strange line, so I call to see it and make a note.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GingerKid,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: You are facing a rather big nit for a 6 max game. So I think that his raising range is usually strong and as played I agree with your line minus the turn call.

There's no reason to check the turn but usually these nits double ck/raising are not bluffing much (and we block the FD).
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi GingerKid,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: You are facing a rather big nit for a 6 max game. So I think that his raising range is usually strong and as played I agree with your line minus the turn call.

There's no reason to check the turn but usually these nits double ck/raising are not bluffing much (and we block the FD).
      I actually called turn to make a note about his play since it is very strange line. He had fd here, TJs, so in future when he raises I will know that he has also bluffs, semi bluffs in his range, so I thought it will be future EV. Is it ok to call because of note?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Indeed an interesting line by someone like him.

I usually call for notes if I have a chance to win or improve to the best hand. My assumption in a spot like this would be that we rarely win or can improve to the best hand (but of course I was proven wrong - maybe he was tilting?).

What were your expectations, if any, when you called? Just purely note taking money? That's a pretty expensive note in a spot that rarely comes up. I doubt you'll see such play more than once every thousand hands or less.