[NL2-NL10] Nl2 QTo

• hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $2 (100 bb)
      MP2: $0.80 (40 bb)
      MP3: $4.82 (241 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.89 (144.5 bb)
      BTN: $2 (100 bb) 13/7/AF 1.0/3bet 0.0/60 hands
      SB: $3.76 (188 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T Q
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) A 8 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BTN folds

Results:
      $0.15 pot ($0.01 rake)
      Final Board: A 8 3
      Hero mucked T Q and won $0.14 ($0.08 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-$0.06 net)

I put him on this range:

JJ-22,AJs-ATs,ATo

When i review the hand i'm asking myself: Would he have folded a better hand? and when i look at his range, there are more hands he could have called then folded. So according to that. Should i have checked instead?
  • 10 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

He's probably calling wider than you think. Add some suited connectors and broadways and that's about right. And we don't need himtto fold so often. He probably folds more than 40-50% and we have a profitable cb on the flop.

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      And we don't need himtto fold so often. He probably folds more than 40-50% and we have a profitable cb on the flop.

I don't think understand the pokerlanguage or whaterver it is. We don't need him to fold so often? Don't we want him to fold so we can take the money in the pot? Or are you thinking that Q high is the best hand? I know i'm misunderstanding something here... As i always do-.-
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

we are betting 10 cents to win 15 cents, so this bet needs to work about 33% of the time to be profitable. on such dry boards actually 8-9 cents would do the trick which means the bet needs to work less than 33% of the time to be profitable.

we do want him to fold, but we dont need him to fold all the time. hes not folding any Ax but usually hes folding everything else maybe not 99-JJ if he called those pre flop.

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Hi, we are betting 10 cents to win 15 cents, so this bet needs to work about 33% of the time to be profitable. on such dry boards actually 8-9 cents would do the trick which means the bet needs to work less than 33% of the time to be profitable.

I'm sorry but i'm so tired of judges who explain advanced stuff i don't have a clue about. I'm playing NL2 and i have no idea what your talking about. But i appreciate your replies so don't get me wrong. I guess this have something to do with pot odds. Can you teach this concept?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

have you read the strategy articles for the basic and bronze articles? i think the cover more on maths and explores more poker terms which you would need and you should read them.

heres on pot odds.

suppose you bet 15 cents into 15 cents pot, how often do you need it to work?

EV = chance of him folding X amount invested - chance of him not folding X amount in pot

for breakeven analysis,

let CF be chance fold and CNF be chance not fold

0 = CF X 15 - (1-CF) X 15

CF = 50%

solving for 10 cents bet

0 = CF X 10 - (1-CF) X 15

CF = 33%

basically the idea here is that the less you bet the less you need him to fold but also the lower your fold equity. and the bench mark to remember is if we bet pot sized bet (15 cents into 15 cents) we need him to fold 50% or more.

thanks
      cutegoldfish
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Hi, have you read the strategy articles for the basic and bronze articles? i think the cover more on maths and explores more poker terms which you would need and you should read them.

No i haven't. Sorry for that=/. Do you know if it is explained in the NL Beginners Course too? I did understand the idea of it tho. So thanks!
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Still waiting for an answer...
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Hey hvard92,

Sorry for the delay. However, this is a question I can answer for you as well.

Yes, the beginner's course will cover all the basic aspects of No Limit Hold'Em cash games, including basic math. I am not sure if it covers calculations such as these, but if not you can always ask about them in your locker room thread or during the coachings :)

If anything, I can strongly recommend taking the beginner's course! Even if calculations like these aren't covered, at least the course will provide you with a very solid basis to work off of. When you have all those basics down, things like this will become easier to understand as well.

Just in case, here's the link to the beginner's course: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1992/1/

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Hey hvard92,

Sorry for the delay. However, this is a question I can answer for you as well.

Yes, the beginner's course will cover all the basic aspects of No Limit Hold'Em cash games, including basic math. I am not sure if it covers calculations such as these, but if not you can always ask about them in your locker room thread or during the coachings :)

If anything, I can strongly recommend taking the beginner's course! Even if calculations like these aren't covered, at least the course will provide you with a very solid basis to work off of. When you have all those basics down, things like this will become easier to understand as well.

Just in case, here's the link to the beginner's course: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1992/1/

Kind regards,
      Tino
      sorry for the delay in response, i hope this answers your question. browse around the articles in the beginner course it should give u a guided journey :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze