Bronze
      was watching it , he dominated that final table
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Message original de axp15
      YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

j'y crois pas ...
      je suis invité a un freeroll. J'arrive en retard. Je gagne le freeroll.
      J'ai un siège pour le 2,500,000 $
      J'arrive encore en retard... Ca m'a porté chance.

Bon objectivement, j'ai fait quelques mooves bon. Mais j'ai quand meme eu énormément de chance.

Je réalise pas encore ...
      Je suis vraiment détaché des sommes en jeux...
      If i dare to translate his first comment after win(i don't speak french :D ).

My way ...
      I was invited to freeroll. I arrived as retard. I won freeroll.
      I won set for 2,5M$.
      I arrived as freshman retard... Like i had chance.

Etc.

Well please someone that speak french translate it ;) I mean that was more or less wild guess :D But i think i gagne(won) some meaning :D

Anyway crazy :D Congrats :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      He was invited for a freeroll but he was late and the freeroll was allready started, and he won that freeroll. a place in 2,500,000$.

In that tournament he was also late and he won again,

Its brings him luck when he starts playing when the tournament is allready going on :D
    • vlefranc
      vlefranc
      Global
      [QUOTE]Bon objectivement, j'ai fait quelques mooves bon. Mais j'ai quand meme eu énormément de chance.

Je suis vraiment détaché des sommes en jeux...[/Quote]

Objectively I made some good moves. But I also had a lot of luck.

I don't realise what happened.
      I am not really paying attention to the amount of money i'm playing for...
    • fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      Message original de axp15
      YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

j'y crois pas ...

Bon objectivement, j'ai fait quelques mooves bon. Mais j'ai quand meme eu énormément de chance.

If i dare to translate his first comment after win(i don't speak french :D ).

My way ...
      I was invited to freeroll. I arrived as retard. I won freeroll.
      I won set for 2,5M$.
      I arrived as freshman retard... Like i had chance.

Etc.

Well please someone that speak french translate it ;) I mean that was more or less wild guess :D But i think i gagne(won) some meaning :D

Anyway crazy :D Congrats :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

LOL, you made me laugh so hard :D let's not go calling people retards here ;)
      Allow me to translate a bit better (hopefully):

j'y crois pas ...
      I dont believe it
      Got invited to a freeroll, arrived late and won it
      got a ticket to the 2.5m gtd
      arrived late again... (not sure about the last part, something about luck, think he means that it was his lucky charm to arrive late)

being objective, I made a couple good moves, but I still had an enormous amount of luck

I still dont realise it
      I'm really detached from dreams/sums in games (not quite sure about this either)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Sorry :D If i ever won sth. that big you can call me easily retard because i won't give a f*ck :D I mean i didn't meant anything bad was just my translation :D I know some words are similar(same) in those languages.

So retard in french means late ?

If that is case is good to know for next time when someone call me retard ;)
    • Ellfish
      Ellfish
      Bronze
      Holy crap, that's one hell of a story. Congratulations.
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      lol @ he arrived as a freshman retard. That should go in the news article, along with the 'je suis une luckbox' on the NL site.

$500k from a freeroll is insane. I'm going to try being retard to the next few tourneys I play also ;)

BTW, if he cashes out in france, is it true he'd have to pay 50% taxes? If so, I'm sure he'll be thinking of moving somewhere like Cayman islands or even Canada?
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bckdrflush
      lol @ he arrived as a freshman retard. That should go in the news article, along with the 'je suis une luckbox' on the NL site.

$500k from a freeroll is insane. I'm going to try being retard to the next few tourneys I play also ;)

BTW, if he cashes out in france, is it true he'd have to pay 50% taxes? If so, I'm sure he'll be thinking of moving somewhere like Cayman islands or even Canada?
      50% for taxes?
      God and i thought 33% here in sweden sucks.
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RMB

50% for taxes?
      Yea but its seldom 33 % nowdays atleast not before you have to pay tax to the state but just local taxes. And poker winnings are 30% if it's from a site outside EU but within EU it's taxfree but I'm sure you know that.
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hepcat
      Originally posted by RMB

50% for taxes?
      Yea but its seldom 33 % nowdays atleast not before you have to pay tax to the state but just local taxes. And poker winnings are 30% if it's from a site outside EU but within EU it's taxfree but I'm sure you know that.
      Makes me wonder if the government would be interested in hiring some top players and staking them to win some taxes for our country. Is it already happening somewhere? 30% of winnings if cashed in your country is great, considering most of that money originated in other countries. It's a trade surplus.