Busted Again this time playing Stud

• SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      Hey :$

I get busted again this time playing $3/$6 and $5/$10 Stud. I was with a nice bankroll made playing 5 Card Draw FL.

I start playing Stud after I read a nice book and in the first two days a made a very good amount of cash.
      In almost a weak I double my bankroll and I could finally do what I expect to do for some many years... start playing $5/$10 5 Card Draw FL. Then I start playing $5/$10 to have more and more profit...
      I get some big bad bets with 3 full houses and many flushes and my bankroll start to get very small but again like the first time I continue playing in the same stakes like a moron.
      I don't know If there is any Stud player in this fórum but my nickname in the tables was JFerreiraR.

Now I have to start at the lowest possible... playing in Freerolls. The only good freeroll is the Weekly Round 2 with a $2000 pricepoll.
      My plan is to lern Badugi that is almost like Draw and win a ticket to the Weekly playing 5 Card Draw.
      If I dominate a game like Badugi I can easily win the first price that is $360 more or less. The Weekly Round 2 doesnt have 5 Card Draw :(
      Is going to take me a long time because the Badugi torneament is one time in 2 mounts. I dont really need to win the $360 just $2 is enough to start with my bankroll again.

I can belive that I did the same stupid thing again OMG.
  • 18 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      :facepalm:
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      are you aware that stud games on stars have allegedly been compromised? specifically by chinese players sharing hole cards. there is a thread about this on 2+2 in the stud section which is easy to find.

i've played a bit of badugi and i've got to warn you that game has some ridiculous variance. i wouldnt count on it if i were you. you'll feel like an idiot if your a23 tri gets run down by 986 and your big tourney is over in 10 minutes.

do you have any FPP left over from those cash games? couldnt you turn that into T$ playing sunday storm sats?

good luck with the comeback
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      Yes, I know that attack to the Chinese players. That is all a lie and i can prove wath i'm saying.
      I contact the PokerStars Support and they explain everything to me. The chinese players are great players and some players dont accept that.

I'm going to try Fixed Hold'em and Stud Weekly torneament, I might get lucky or something.
    • jon011
      jon011
      Bronze
      $200 or $300 is probably not very good bankroll for $3/$6 and $5/$10.
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jon011
      $200 or $300 is probably not very good bankroll for $3/$6 and $5/$10.
      You didn't read what I wrote. I was playing with the correct bankroll in those stacks.
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      I have three tickets already.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by SonOfSonOfSpock
      I have three tickets already.
      I played those freerolls for tickets too.

Hi, SonOfSonOfSpock
      I still have some left, because although I can win the freerolls, the tournaments are at a time when I can rarely plan.

Best of luck !
      --VS
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      [Edited by VorpalF2F:
      Please see my reply
      ]
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, SonOfSonOfSpock

We have a staking forum for such requests.

Unfortunately, you do not qualify.

Please see the rules for staking requests, and you are welcome to post your application when you do qualify.

For your application to be successful, though, you would need to show a winning record already -- or why would anyone want to stake you?

So I would recommend you just keep grinding away at the freerolls for now.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      Anyway,

5th place in a Holdem Freeroll (O Clássico:Freebuy Rd1[Portugal, 5 Seats Gtd) and win a entry to a Satellite (O Clássico: €2.20 [Portugal, 1 Seats Gtd).
      The first place have a entry to a 5000€ Prizepoll tournament and the 5th places win 6€=$8.

I prefer my $8 and I start playing some Stud to get at least $20. It was just to hard to make money. I just get $2 more and start with my old friend 5-Card Draw. I start playing just in one table and I made some nice bucks.

In three hours I made a $10 profit, with 3-4 Stand Pat hands, I admit :$.
      I see some good players there, but the old good ones are playing other games maybe because I don't see them around that parts.
      I'm playing out of my bankroll, $20 is a little bit tiny to play 5-Card Draw right now but I think that my experience in this game will make the difference. I'm playing very conservative and rational so I think that will be enough to start again. I'm folding Flush Draws, sometimes 3-bets with Flush Draws when I get raised from the SB, just to win some respect nothing else.

Anyway you will see me playing much more, my nickname is JFerreiraR.
      Go easy on me :D
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Anyway you will see me playing much more, my nickname is JFerreiraR.
      Go easy on me :D
      I haven't played much 5-Card Draw in a while.

I'll watch for you though...

Whether you're at the table or not, I play my cards the same. You have to decide if I'm bluffing or not. :coolface:

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      I don't have a bankroll to catch bluffs. I have a bankroll to value bet my hands. Anyway what is your nickname at the tables?
      I'm playing very tight almost all the time, is not my style of gaming, but I don't have afraid to call anyone.
      Now I check-raise alot and I'm winning nice pots because of that. I continue to try my luck in some Freerolls just for Portugueses with less fishing.
      Yesterday I almost get another $8... my KK didn't hold the flop.

Draw is definitely my game, the flop is not my friend.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I don't have a bankroll to catch bluffs. I have a bankroll to value bet my hands. Anyway what is your nickname at the tables?
      I'm playing very tight almost all the time, is not my style of gaming, but I don't have afraid to call anyone.
      Now I check-raise alot and I'm winning nice pots because of that. I continue to try my luck in some Freerolls just for Portugueses with less fishing.
      Yesterday I almost get another $8... my KK didn't hold the flop.

Draw is definitely my game, the flop is not my friend.
      I'm not quite sure how the size of your bankroll matters.
      You play your cards without regard for outside factors.

If you have $20 bankroll, you have enough for $0.10/$0.20.

Bluff-catching is just like value betting, except the other guy bets first.
      You still have to be ahead of his range to make the call.

Playing very tight is good -- but too tight isn't good.
      Have you reviewed the opening ranges?

I don't check/raise so much. I find that at $0.10/$0.20 if I check after raising pre-draw, they just check behind, and if they don't they have a hand I probably don't want to raise. Check/raising as a bluff at the lower limits isn't profitable, I don't think. But if it works for you, go for it.

If you're playing on Pokerstars, you'll recognize my name immediately.
      I don't play 5-Card Draw on any other sites.

Peace,
      --VS
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey dude, how is' it going?

Full Tilt have cash freerolls ($150) top 45 pay every 2 hours as well as Regional freerolls for most countries everyday ($100) top 27 pay.

I have shipped the $100 Australian Freeroll twice ($15 each time) and made the FT another 3 times.

As for the Astronomer Freerolls on Stars, I won about 70 tickets (more than half in Stud H/L and Razz) and the best I ever managed in a Weekly Round 2 was 48th out of about 6.5k for $3.50 in PLO and 90th out of about 7K for $2.00 in Triple Stud, as well as numerous minor cashes.

This was enough to get me invaluable real money experience without costing me anything but time.

I wish you the best of luck in your quest to rebuild your bankroll.

Lazza
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      I'm not quite sure how the size of your bankroll matters.
      You play your cards without regard for outside factors.
      The size of the bankroll matters alot, at least for me.

If you have $20 bankroll, you have enough for $0.10/$0.20.
      I should have 250/500BB so $50/$100.

Bluff-catching is just like value betting, except the other guy bets first.
      You still have to be ahead of his range to make the call.
      I don't call because I think the player is bluffing, I call if I think I have the best hand but is not good enough to re-raise.

Playing very tight is good -- but too tight isn't good.
      Some persons don't think i'm playing tight, i'm playing solid maybe...

Have you reviewed the opening ranges?
      Yes I did.

I don't check/raise so much. I find that at $0.10/$0.20 if I check after raising pre-draw, they just check behind, and if they don't they have a hand I probably don't want to raise. Check/raising as a bluff at the lower limits isn't profitable, I don't think. But if it works for you, go for it.
      OFC is I was the raiser I will not check-raise. I check-raise in the blinds.
      And yes, is working with some player :D

If you're playing on Pokerstars, you'll recognize my name immediately.
      Ok, if you see me say something :$
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      Bankroll: $19

1 Table $0.10/$0.20 5-Card Draw FL
      +1$ ($20)

2 Table's $0.10/$0.20 5-Card Draw FL
      -2$ ($18)

2 Table's $0.04/$0.08 7-Card Stud
      -$1.60 ($16,40)

(RAGING)

1 Table 5-Card Draw FL $0.25/$0.50
      -$5.00 ($11,40)

1 Table 5-Card Draw PL $0.25/$0.50
      +$1.25 ($12,65)

1 Table 5-Card Draw PL (Heads-Up) $0.25/$0.50

Esil Diuran (BTN/SB): $33.17
      Hero (BB): $14.03

Pre Draw: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 8 :spade: 8 :club: 8 :heart: 7 :diamond: 4 :club:
      Esil Diuran raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, Esil Diuran calls $3

First Draw: ($9.00) (2 players)
      Hero draws 1, Esil Diuran draws 3
      Hand: 8 :spade: 8 :club: 8 :heart: 5 :club: 4 :club:
      Hero bets $8.60, Esil Diuran calls $8.60

Final Pot: $26.20
      Esil Diuran mucks K :heart: K :diamond: Q :club: 5 :heart: 4 :diamond:
      Hero shows 8 :spade: 8 :club: 8 :heart: 5 :club: 4 :club: (three of a kind, Eights)
      Hero wins $25.70
      (Rake: $0.50)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, SonOfSonOfSpock
      Lucky you.

Playing PL 5-Card Draw on a roll that small could lead to disaster.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      Playing PL 5-Card Draw on a roll that small could lead to disaster.
      Yes, and I say with personal experience :facepalm:

I've finish my section ten minutes ago with $17 profit. Start the day with $19 and now I have $36.
      I was in three FL tables playing with some good players moments ago.
      Tzarvone was out luck and Triade777 was raging because I was playing very aggressive. I steal many blinds with monstrous hands, the players start to don't call my raises. The luck was over and I stop the section for the day.