This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - T8s

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $8.42 (84.2 bb)
      SB: $11.43 (114.3 bb)
      BB: $10.03 (100.3 bb)
      UTG: $10.77 (107.7 bb)
      Hero (MP): $10.07 (100.7 bb)
      CO: $20.85 (208.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T 8
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 4 6 K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds

Turn: ($1.50) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.50) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Villain is 29/0 over 7 hands, as good as unknown.

I make a pretty loose open with T8s here. Is this fine, or is this too loose?

As played, when BB donks out for 1/3 pot I decided to just call. I'm getting great odds to call with my flush draw, and I have position. Considering it was 3way, I didn't think raising would be the best option.

On the turn I picked up some extra equity with the gutshot. When he bets the flop and then checks on a somewhat blankish turn, I don't expect him to be very strong here. I think he most likely has a hand like 6x or a small pocket, or a draw himself. Against this range, I do pretty good. I decided to check behind to try and realize my equity.

On the river, most draws miss. 75 got there, but it's tough to give him 75 when he called an MP raise. However, he could be betting missed flush draws here, or maybe randomly turns a hand like 77 into a bluff here. Since I was getting great odds with his small bet, I decided to look him up, having hit my 8.

Is this okay, or is it better to just fold the river?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi TinoLaan,

Preflop: it's a loose open and ideally you should have a reason for opening that loose (ie: fish in the blinds)

Postflop: As played I'd raise that small donk on the flop and not play passive a T high hand.

And as played bet that turn, there's no reason to check back there when you only have T high.