This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - KJo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $20.33 (203.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $21.41 (214.1 bb)
      BB: $1.99 (19.9 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $10.45 (104.5 bb)
      CO: $5 (50 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.10, BB folds, BTN calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.30) J Q 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BTN folds

Villain is 15/9 over 34 hands.

I decided to 3bet KJo here. However, would it maybe be better to call here and keep the pot small and his range wider? Then again, playing KJo out of position without initiative is just crap. So fine to 3bet here?

On the flop I wasn't sure whether to cbet. I decided to bet/fold, just to try and get value from hands like TQs/JTs, or just draws in general. However, given how incredibly coordinated the board is, I'm not sure I like it at all.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi TinoLaan,

Preflop: why are we 3-betting this 200 BB deep? Value?

Postflop: As played the board is quite ugly but a bet/fold is better than ck/fold in this spot.
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Hey Bogdan,

I 3bet KJo here as a bluff. That said, since it is 200bb deep he can probably call with some suited connector type hands, so I suppose you could consider it thin value?

Without info though, I consider this a 3bet bluff.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Hey Bogdan,

I 3bet KJo here as a bluff. That said, since it is 200bb deep he can probably call with some suited connector type hands, so I suppose you could consider it thin value?

Without info though, I consider this a 3bet bluff.
      This deep these type of hands will fair pretty poorly postflop and I rather 3-bet hands that don't get us in as much trouble and still have equity (connectors for example).

Given that we are so deep I think that KJo is really a borderline thin value 3-bet but we cannot afford to play a big pot with it.