This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] sh nl10 KK

• Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2276827
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $30.86
      BB: $15.51
      Hero (UTG): $10.07
      CO: $8.91
      BTN: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with K :diamond: K :club:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) Q :diamond: 6 :heart: J :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.45) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.20, BB raises to $4.60, Hero raises to $8.87 all in, BB calls $4.27

River: ($20.19) 5 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

STATS : http://prntscr.com/1jvxdl

At that time he has cx/raise around 40% But I think there is huge diff between cx/raise flop and cx/raise turn ... He was agressive at that time on table. Do I have place to fold here ? check out his FCB :D it was 4% at that time.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Beseventh,

I like your 2-barrel for value here.

Generally speaking the best option vs the majority of players that these limits will be to fold to turn check-raise. Most opponents are not sophisticated to bluff here, and it's unlikely BB is raising worse for value unless he is bad.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      You're right by this but he has so high aggro stats and cx/raise stats and I was like , damn I can't fold here. What we should do when we get cx/raised on this flop ? I stack off here ut it's better to call or simply click back ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      You're right by this but he has so high aggro stats and cx/raise stats and I was like , damn I can't fold here. What we should do when we get cx/raised on this flop ? I stack off here ut it's better to call or simply click back ?
      We don't have a huge sample of hands on villain so there is a possibility he is not as aggressive as he appears.

Let's say we know he is super aggro and will check/raise a lot. Whether you should re-raise or just flat depends on the board texture. Generally speaking the drier the board the more inclined you should be to just call down and let your opponent bluff. On drawy boards you want to protect against and extract value from draw so re-raising or even shoving becomes a better option.