NL coaching by uripeleg

• sirrybob
      sirrybob
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi guys!

I'm going to start doing weekly coachings for pokerstrategy.
      The format will be mostly a video review.
      For the first week I will review a video made by a friend of mine who plays 25nl.

For the next weeks, I'd like to review videos made by members of the community - so if you have a video you'd like me to review let me know :-)

I think it's going to be really fun.

So:
      Send me videos of your play (30-45 minutes should be enough) if you want them reviewed. Preferably 50nl+ although the odd 25nl is fine.
      Any feedback about the coaching should go in this thread.
  • 75 replies
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      I want in! Just sent you a friend request so I can send you the video.
    • Fiskantes
      Fiskantes
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Uri!

Sent you a friend request as well, I just watched all your videos on PSGY (they are so good I made it in couple of days) and would like you to review my NL100 play :)

Question:

Should I also comment on my decisions during the video?
    • sirrybob
      sirrybob
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Fiskantes, that's a good question.
      It's certainly not necessary.
      If this were a regular coaching session I would say definitely yes, because your thought process is often more important than the decisions themselves. But I'm not sure if it would work out well in a live broadcasting format - so I would guess probably not?

You can still comment though while making it if you want, if I decide to use it will be cool and if not I can always mute the replayer ;)

But I think it's unlikely to be useful in this coaching format.
    • Fiskantes
      Fiskantes
      Coach
      Coach
      I agree, it would be doable as video maybe but not live coaching probably.

So what I will do is just record standard muted video and provide written comments on some of the bigger and more interesting hands. Also I can provide my thought process during coaching in the chat.
    • ManiaculDinamovist
      ManiaculDinamovist
      Global
      Very nice coaching, I really enjoy this format of video reviewing. I guess I shall wait until reaching at least NL25 before sending any video, as I am still struggling with lower limits, but I will definitely attend the next coachings, I haven't seen a more interesting one since now on pokerstrategy.
    • maxwi
      maxwi
      Black
      wonderful coaching
      very instructional
      keep going
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      I also think it was a great coaching and I think most of the things you said about my flaws will help me in improving my game.

I might also suggest a slightly different model of coaching. Instead of a live session review, it might be interesting if the student records a replay of some hands he has doubts on HM replayer.
    • teofiloatienza
      teofiloatienza
      Bronze
      Hi, can you also coach people who play MSS? thanks
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Hi,

I liked your videos, each minute of your video I was learning something new. Also I liked your aggresive play, which is similar to my gamestyle.

Would you do 1 on 1 coatching? How much would it cost if yes.
    • sirrybob
      sirrybob
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Ginger, I do do one on one coaching, my coaching thread should be going up within the next few days. I will post a link here once it does.

teofiloatienza: I can coach people who play MSS but... it is certainly not my area of expertise. Also I'm not sure there would be a lot of interest since most people play full-stacked, so I'm not sure that would be good content for the coaching.
    • teofiloatienza
      teofiloatienza
      Bronze
      I understand I play BSS now but can you coach 2NL?
    • sirrybob
      sirrybob
      Coach
      Coach
      I think 2nl is too low, sorry.

Guys I'm sorry yesterday ended early - the internet of my entire neighborhood crashed for a few hours, only got it back this morning.

I need more videos to review for next time, so please send!
    • Fiskantes
      Fiskantes
      Coach
      Coach
      Never mind Uri, it was great coaching anyway. Thx very much!

I can only recommend everyone to send their video, I cannot think of better ways to improve your game than this (if you do not want to pay piles of money that is :D )
    • Zeltzn1
      Zeltzn1
      Gold
      I actually had to leave your coaching after 30 minutes, because of bad internet too :( I saw in Fiskantes´s blog that you are doing these nuts video reviews for NL25+ and its imho great oportunity to improve one´s game and thinking process. I sent you a friend request! lookin forward to it.
    • maxwi
      maxwi
      Black
      Are you still doing coachings here?
      When are they?
    • sirrybob
      sirrybob
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi, I have been on a long vacation but back now, and going to continue the coaching this week.
      But - I need videos to review! So if anyone is interested please send me a vid (or if for some reason you sent me one before and I forgot remind me)..

Looking forward to coming back...

Send videos!
    • wazawanga
      wazawanga
      Bronze
      how can I send you the video?
    • sirrybob
      sirrybob
      Coach
      Coach
      add me on skype i'm uri_peleg there
    • sirrybob