This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQ 3bet BvB

• dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 109 BB
      MP: 87.04 BB
      CO: 210.76 BB
      BTN: 100 BB
      SB: 115.16 BB
      Hero (BB): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, SB calls 5 BB

Flop: (16 BB, 2 players) 2:club: 3:diamond: 5:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (16 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 10 BB, SB calls 10 BB

River: (36 BB, 2 players) T:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 25.2 BB

Hi,

SB is unknown.

Flop: Plan was to check it down as I have a SD value and can bluff with other hands.

Turn: since K is such a great card for my range, does not hit his range all that often, I decided to start bluffing as I think it its now more +EV than checking.

Plan is to fire turn & river to fold out most of his pocket pairs. He might also peel turn w/ some of his Ax hands and fold river.

Do you like? Tha nks
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi D,

I prefer starting off with a cbet. He doesn't fold pairs to one bet but calls all worse A highs so overall you have nice equity against his calling range with 2 overs and a gutshot. Then on this turn I would bet again and shove any river, goal being to make him fold all pairs JJ or less.

As played, betting turn and river should show a profit but I think you have less FE vs pairs than by tripleling.