This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 TT 3bet pot

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $26.38 (52.8 bb)
      CO: $51.75 (103.5 bb)
      BTN: $51.75 (103.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $62.27 (124.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1, Hero raises to $4, BB folds, BTN calls $3

Flop: ($8.50) 7 5 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($18.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $12, Hero folds

BTN 35/28 140 hands
      BTN R1st 71%
      foldto3bet 25% (1/4)
      foldtoCbet F / T 33(1/3) / 0(0/2)
      betvsmissedcbet 33%(1/3)
      AFq F/T/R 35/25/58

Preflop plan was to 3bet/jam.

What would you play postflop? I think it's not a good board for me, cause his range has lots of Qx combos (AQ/KQ/QJs/QTs). Plus if I ch/call flop, my range is quite faceup, I rep what I have (JJ/TT/99/88, maybe some weak Qx)...
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi D,

I would play the same as you here but I would definitely check/call some Qx and maybe some of the time I include KK+ in my range here, depends a bit on whether my opponent is likely to station it til river or can induce some bluffs because 'my range is faceup to be TT' :D .
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      but I would definitely check/call some Qx and maybe some of the time I include KK+ in my range here, depends a bit on whether my opponent is likely to station it til river or can induce some bluffs because 'my range is faceup to be TT' :D .
      Thanks. Definitely a good idea... :D

So in case you protect your range with some KQ/AQ/KK+ hands, it allows you to ch/calldown hands like TT as well?

What if Villain is quite callhappy? Then against him you dont check strong hands like AQ/KK+ in such spots (cause you have more value in betting them), but against this opponent, you rather ch/fold turn with your TT in exchange?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If he is call happy, he probably doesn't bluff barrel too often so then having TT faceup is not much of a probalem since I expect him to give up turn or river.

I would still check QQ probably against some passive players because I block so much of their made hands so against passive player I have QQ that checks, against more aggro I have some combos of Qx, maybe KK+ some of the time and TT would still lean towards folding unless I have some history and some idea of him barreling way too much.