This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 AKo deep

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $163.65 (327.3 bb)
      SB: $58.09 (116.2 bb)
      BB: $72.83 (145.7 bb)
      UTG: $22 (44 bb)
      Hero (MP): $80.53 (161.1 bb)
      CO: $125.79 (251.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A K
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN raises to $4.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($9.75) 9 K Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($19.75) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8, Hero folds

BTN unknown reg, 38/29/14 after 25 hands

Preflop?

My postflop plan was to ch/call down mainly, but on this turn? I dont beat anything, only if he turns hands like AQ/AJ into bluff...
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey D,

Preflop is fine. You can consider 4bet for value, expecting to get called by worse but call is the more common and easier play imo, definitely +EV.

Not much to say on the flop but the turn is interesting. How many Tx would he cbet and then bet so small on the turn? I think you still have the call and raise options here. It's one of those spots where I think his sizing is not consistent with a strong hand so would consider the turning hand into a bluff option, expecting him to not call down less than Tx which he seems to not have. Ofc, if he has it in his bet small range it sort of sucks for us but this is just my read from experience, not specifically against him.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Not much to say on the flop but the turn is interesting. How many Tx would he cbet and then bet so small on the turn? I think you still have the call and raise options here. It's one of those spots where I think his sizing is not consistent with a strong hand so would consider the turning hand into a bluff option, expecting him to not call down less than Tx which he seems to not have. Ofc, if he has it in his bet small range it sort of sucks for us but this is just my read from experience, not specifically against him.
      It's interesting. I thought he could easily bet this small with Tx, thinking that the best he could hope for me to call with some twopair, and having the nuts he fears that I wont call with worse on such a board when he bets big...

I have no idea of his 3bet range yet, but could be the type who 3bets middlish hands like T9/JT/QT etc. But it's just speculation, I dont know.

If you are not folding, which one would you prefer against an unknown reg here, taking the favourable odds and call, or bluffraising?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      But would he also cbet QT, T9? That's a bit of doubt in my mind.. he has to 3bet those combos pre and cbet them so small.

I would not call down because this sizing can be thin value with KK, QQ, KQ, AA so I prefer, like I said, turning it into a bluff and raising or folding. There are several options for bluffing as well.. Call turn, shove river is probably my favourite since it's more consistent with Tx here than raising the turn.