** $200 ZOOM (and other games) ** PokerStars Live Streaming!!

• 39 replies
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      "This channel had been closed."

"The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations."
    • ABPoker
      ABPoker
      Bronze
      lol yeah IDK wtf they were thinking.

I'm playing from Hungary and I violated nothing in the TOS. Of course they have the right to deny service to anyone for any reason, but I definately didn't violate anything.

Might try uStream, not sure. It was fun.
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Twitch doesnt allow real money games
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Maybe its because real money poker, yet it is a skill game is still R18-21 in most countries and i'd say a large % of their users are under 21 and even under 18.
    • ABPoker
      ABPoker
      Bronze
      yeah of course, but I mean the problem with that is people can drink alcohol on stream if they are legal to do so in their jurisdiction.

Also I'm one of the people who is a bit too libertarian for the skill game argument. I mean if it leads to us having poker legalized then the ends justify the means, I guess.
    • ABPoker
      ABPoker
      Bronze
      can't embed
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      I think it's because Twitch is based in the USA that streaming of real money poker is a problem.
    • ABPoker
      ABPoker
      Bronze
      I'm sure people watch PokerStrategy.com videos for real $$ inside the USA.
      Also, PokerStrategy.com coaching streams on the website as well, in a few different languages. Sometimes railing highstakes games for real money, playing real money games, or sweating a student playing.

I understand they are a private company and can do whatever they want, my point is... that's exactly what they are doing. Has nothing to do with logic.
      Also to not explain it and/or allow any recourse is pretty dumb. They have a broken ticket system where you can't login to see the tickets if you are banned, lol. catch-22.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions/1065565-gambling
      :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      Then how come they allow PS to be streaming
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      There's also a guy who streams various final tables in my language and didn't get banned so idk. Doesn't seem like poker streams would not be allowed.
    • ABPoker
      ABPoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      Then how come they allow PS to be streaming
      Thanks for the link. I couldn't find anything relevant in the guidelines or terms, and I saw many other real money gaming streams, as well as PokerStrategy.com streams, which is why I went ahead with my action. And since I believe I am doing nothing wrong in the first place, that was the extent of my "research."

Obviously if I had found that link I wouldn't have tried to start a stream with real money gaming.

Also, I would like to add that there are channels like "The GD Studio" with thousands of viewers which are actually promoted by twitch.tv. They have a "PokerNight" episode in which it looks like they are gambling for at least a few dollars (although it might have been a free game idk)
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey ABPoker,

In cases like this, it is best to contact their customer service. They can tell you why or why not the content you were streaming was not allowed. If you think that your account was blocked on an invalid basis, they will also be able to give you an answer.

Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do for you here. Please contact their customer service and see what they have to say.

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • ABPoker
      ABPoker
      Bronze
      thats the obvious answer for my content, which is why I'm not really asking about it.

I was curious about YOUR content (or at least the streams that call themselves PokerStrategy.com.) Why not move them to another provider where they are allowed?
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey ABPoker,

Unfortunately all we know is that twitch.tv reviews this on a case-by-case basis. Therefore we are not able to answer your question here.

Again, you will have to contact their customer service if you want an answer. My apologies that we cannot be of service to you here.

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Aaaaand the PokerStrategy channel is gone.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Yea thanks for that!
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Yea thanks for that!
      You make it sound like it's our fault :f_cry:
    • ABPoker
      ABPoker
      Bronze
      back up

http://www.justin.tv/abpoker

head admin from justin released my ban and transferred me over. I think they just kind of make the rules up as they go. Too bad since twitch is better organized.