This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - ATo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $10.70 (107 bb)
      SB: $10.07 (100.7 bb)
      BB: $24.87 (248.7 bb)
      UTG: $18.21 (182.1 bb)
      MP: $13.43 (134.3 bb)
      CO: $10.05 (100.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.70, SB calls $0.65, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.70) 7 2 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.70) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90

River: ($3.50) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.90, SB folds

CO is unknown, SB is 40/10 over 10 hands.

Pre flop I decided to 3bet to try and take down the pot. If he would call, I would at least have position and iniative and would probably be able to take it down pretty often with a cbet.

When the SB calls I'm not sure what kind of range to assign him. I think that's pretty tough when a guy cold calls a 3bet from the blinds...

I decided not to cbet this flop because I thought my A high could be good here a decent amount of the time. However, I still think I should cbet here just to try and take down the pot.

As played, I decided to fire on the turn when he showed weakness to me again to try and take it down and possible even get thin value from draws. When he calls I think he has either a draw or a small pocket pair like 55-33 or maybe a random 6x like 65s or A6s. You never know with these guys...

When he showed weakness on the river again I decided to bet again. However, I'm not sure I really like this. If he did have a flush draw he now got there. At the same time, if he does have a small pair he will probably fold to another bet.

What's the best line to take here, both pre and post flop (because I'm also not 100% sure about the 3bet being okay).
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi TinoLaan,

Sb is a fish so his range can be really wide but I do agree with no betting the flop and giving up.

As played I don't think we need to bet the river because there are very few hands we would get to fold that are better there.

AS far as preflop goes we are facing a min raise so we could 3-bet for thin value/bluff (thin value to isolate SB like we did, bluff vs unknown CO).