[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - ATo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $10.70 (107 bb)
      SB: $10.07 (100.7 bb)
      BB: $24.87 (248.7 bb)
      UTG: $18.21 (182.1 bb)
      MP: $13.43 (134.3 bb)
      CO: $10.05 (100.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.70, SB calls $0.65, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.70) 7 2 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.70) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90

River: ($3.50) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.90, SB folds

CO is unknown, SB is 40/10 over 10 hands.

Pre flop I decided to 3bet to try and take down the pot. If he would call, I would at least have position and iniative and would probably be able to take it down pretty often with a cbet.

When the SB calls I'm not sure what kind of range to assign him. I think that's pretty tough when a guy cold calls a 3bet from the blinds...

I decided not to cbet this flop because I thought my A high could be good here a decent amount of the time. However, I still think I should cbet here just to try and take down the pot.

As played, I decided to fire on the turn when he showed weakness to me again to try and take it down and possible even get thin value from draws. When he calls I think he has either a draw or a small pocket pair like 55-33 or maybe a random 6x like 65s or A6s. You never know with these guys...

When he showed weakness on the river again I decided to bet again. However, I'm not sure I really like this. If he did have a flush draw he now got there. At the same time, if he does have a small pair he will probably fold to another bet.

What's the best line to take here, both pre and post flop (because I'm also not 100% sure about the 3bet being okay).
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi TinoLaan,

Sb is a fish so his range can be really wide but I do agree with no betting the flop and giving up.

As played I don't think we need to bet the river because there are very few hands we would get to fold that are better there.

AS far as preflop goes we are facing a min raise so we could 3-bet for thin value/bluff (thin value to isolate SB like we did, bluff vs unknown CO).