This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 sh KK postflop

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BB: $20 (100 bb)
      UTG: $22.09 (110.5 bb)
      MP: $7.80 (39 bb)
      CO: $22.11 (110.6 bb)
      BTN: $20 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $20.68 (103.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      UTG raises to $0.60, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB folds, UTG calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.20) 4 7 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, UTG calls $2.20

Turn: ($8.60) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $4.30, Hero calls $4.30

River: ($17.20) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $13.40, Hero calls $12.18 and is all-in

villain folds to 3bet 17% over 159 hands, dont have any other info on him.

i decided to check/call turn and river because i think this guy's range is waaay too wide for me to get called down when i just bet bet bet. sure he can have 99-JJ but i think it's very likely he'll bet IP when i take this line and any hands that call a check/ship on the turn will also most likely bet the river themselves so i dont think i'm losing any value by checking twice. what do you think of the line?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lewis,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: You still 3-bet SB vs UTG so I doubt his range is that wide to be honest.

So I think we can just value/value/value there especially with no info.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      as played what would you do if the river was an A? can we assume his range has too many Ax floats that now hit? or can we assume a relatively unknown but reggy player will use the A as a bluff?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      as played what would you do if the river was an A? can we assume his range has too many Ax floats that now hit? or can we assume a relatively unknown but reggy player will use the A as a bluff?
      Let me turn this back to you.

Use the A as a bluff with what range?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hmmm well his range will have Ax hands in there that play this way. in which case we should fold. but i just perceived this guy's range to be too wide preflop and ofc when he bets turn IP then he has all his air still. once the A rolls out on the river he could still use this to continue on when he has a hand like KQ or QJ
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hmmm well his range will have Ax hands in there that play this way. in which case we should fold. but i just perceived this guy's range to be too wide preflop and ofc when he bets turn IP then he has all his air still. once the A rolls out on the river he could still use this to continue on when he has a hand like KQ or QJ
      Although the A hits a decent part of his floating range so that's a problem.

I think it would be a cry /fold without additional info unless we can expect pairs to be turned into a bluff.