This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 AK vs donker

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BB: $25.71 (128.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $22.40 (112 bb)
      MP: $20 (100 bb)
      CO: $20 (100 bb)
      BTN: $21.55 (107.8 bb)
      SB: $18.06 (90.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K A
      Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, SB calls $0.50, BB folds

Flop: ($1.40) 2 A 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2.28, SB raises to $17.46 and is all-in, Hero???

villain is completely unknown but his stack suggests he is fishy.

when he donks the flop i think he can do it with FDs and worse Ax, mainly worse Ax though. so i decided to raise for value especially given his sizing - it is on the larger side so i think he's likely to call if i raise.

when he just ships it in i have no clue really what to do. i'm only behind against 6 combos of sets and an unlikely few combos of 2pair. if he has some sort of pair+FD i think i get the odds to call but i think most unknown fishy guys will just play passive with draws so i think this looks like some Ax hand.

what would your play be here?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lewis,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Given that he didn't donk/-3bet small he is usually not that strong. So there's no way I fold AK there.

So raise/call for me (but I'd raise bigger to begin with).
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Given that he didn't donk/-3bet small he is usually not that strong.
      what are your thoughts about his range if he donk/min3bets, donk/3bet to ~$7 and donk/ship like he did? what differences do you think there are and why? because i don't really know what to think about it. a ship could just be some fish going OMG SET - SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or it could be a fish trying to scare me out with a weaker hand...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      It's almost always a fish trying to go for FE or overplaying TP that doesn't want to see a scare card.

With big hands they most of the time want to keep you in hence the smaller 3-bets.

At least that's what I would expect from an unknown fish.