Hero (UTG): $22.40 (112 bb)
      MP: $20 (100 bb)
      CO: $20 (100 bb)
      BTN: $21.55 (107.8 bb)
      SB: $18.06 (90.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K A
      Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, SB calls $0.50, BB folds

Flop: ($1.40) 2 A 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2.28, SB raises to $17.46 and is all-in, Hero???

villain is completely unknown but his stack suggests he is fishy.

when he donks the flop i think he can do it with FDs and worse Ax, mainly worse Ax though. so i decided to raise for value especially given his sizing - it is on the larger side so i think he's likely to call if i raise.

when he just ships it in i have no clue really what to do. i'm only behind against 6 combos of sets and an unlikely few combos of 2pair. if he has some sort of pair+FD i think i get the odds to call but i think most unknown fishy guys will just play passive with draws so i think this looks like some Ax hand.

what would your play be here?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lewis,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Given that he didn't donk/-3bet small he is usually not that strong. So there's no way I fold AK there.

So raise/call for me (but I'd raise bigger to begin with).
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Given that he didn't donk/-3bet small he is usually not that strong.
      what are your thoughts about his range if he donk/min3bets, donk/3bet to ~$7 and donk/ship like he did? what differences do you think there are and why? because i don't really know what to think about it. a ship could just be some fish going OMG SET - SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or it could be a fish trying to scare me out with a weaker hand...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      It's almost always a fish trying to go for FE or overplaying TP that doesn't want to see a scare card.

With big hands they most of the time want to keep you in hence the smaller 3-bets.

At least that's what I would expect from an unknown fish.