This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Rich2681

• 4 replies
    • rich2681
      rich2681
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is my motivation for playing poker?

At the moment I am unemployed so I would like to use poker to make a small income to help me get by in the meantime. I enjoy poker and believe its not all luck. It would be very nice if i could perhaps become good enough one day to consider myself a professional and perhaps be good enough to get sponsors and play poker for a living.

Question 2: My weaknesses
      I think my weakness currently are that I often play when i am tired, and make stupid mistakes that I wouldn't ordinarily make. I also become too passive in the middle to late phase of MTT's. I tend to find myself just trying to survive to the money instead of continue to play my strong hands. So basically fear of bowing out makes me fold a lot of strong hands. I'm having trouble spotting the Bluffs and the real strong hands. I am also confused when it comes to calculating pots odds and EV etc.

Question 3: Playing tight aggressive.
      Playing tight aggressive means to be patient and wait for very strong hands like AA,KK,QQ and play them aggressively when you get them. the trouble i am having currently in the Low BI Mtt's is that no matter how strong your hand is you get a lot of people calling weak hands and getting lucky. Like for instance I had AA in late position so raised 4 Big blinds Like i'm supposed to. Big blind reraised so I call all in. He had 7 3o, he ended up hitting 2 7's on flop and one on the river to win. this kind of thing happens to me quite a lot...
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey rich

Welcome to the beginner's course. All the best for the course.

Regards,
      Luke
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      hey Rich, Im new to the forums but been playing a while. Stick to your BRM and learn to live with the gross suck outs. They're a part of the game I've been dealing with lately too @ NL50 and medium mtt. Like getting hit in the chest with a ballpean hammer when u lose 50$ to hand as u described but happens and quite often and at any limit. gl to us
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Rich,

Welcome to the course. I will be helping you out on your journey.

Congrats on finishing the first homework.

Looking forward to your next homework,

Bogdan