This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 66

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.98 (99 bb)
      Hero (SB): $3.18 (159 bb)
      BB: $7.02 (351 bb)
      UTG: $1.80 (90 bb)
      MP: $2.24 (112 bb)
      CO: $2.37 (118.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6 6
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, BB folds, BTN calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.50) 9 4 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BTN calls $0.28

Turn: ($1.06) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

no stats on villain, when he calls i give him AQ/AK JJ's and QQ's. Though now im looking at it again Q's would probably 4bet there. Do you think AJ/AT is also in his range when its sb vs bu?I was stuck on whether to fire the turn or not.
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrRaab,

Preflop: why are you 3-betting 66 OOP and make it small? You are just asking for trouble doing this

Postflop: I would not fire the flop here. Just ck/fold. 66, and low PPs, are terrible to 3-bet bluff with preflop since their equity postflop (when missing) is terrible.
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      Hi,

is raising 3x small vs a steal?
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      I thought being SB vs BU i wouldn't need to make the 3bet 3.5x for being out of position because his range is so much wider on the button so more likely to fold and also risking less when called? I generally use 3.5x if i'm in the sb or bb and am 3betting all other positions.

If i'd have done this with JTs (not diamonds) and it was the same flop would two barrels be appropriate?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      OOP 3x is usually too small and will get you called more often. That's the last thing you want to see if you have such a weak bluffing range (with these small pairs).

You say you make it 3.5x but you just made it 3x here.

Think about this way:

If you open BTN to 3bb and get 3-bet to:

A) 9 BB
      B) 10 BB
      C) 11 BB

which ones are you more likely to call or fold to?

And if you had JTdd you can also check/shove turn to let him bet floats.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      not sure how to quote but i said about when its against the button i made it small but all other positions i make it bigger because the range is so wide for the button. Its like the idea for opening smaller on the bu because your range is wider so you get a better price.

I see what you mean now its written in front of me. with a villain i knew nothing on call the 9 bb more often AJs 99+ , 50/50 with 10bb and probably fold all but QQ+, AK where you could 4bet or just flat.

Oh and about the JTsuits i got muddled i meant to say not Clubs JhTs for example where i have no back doors just top pair middle kicker
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrRaab
      not sure how to quote but i said about when its against the button i made it small but all other positions i make it bigger because the range is so wide for the button. Its like the idea for opening smaller on the bu because your range is wider so you get a better price.

I see what you mean now its written in front of me. with a villain i knew nothing on call the 9 bb more often AJs 99+ , 50/50 with 10bb and probably fold all but QQ+, AK where you could 4bet or just flat.

Oh and about the JTsuits i got muddled i meant to say not Clubs JhTs for example where i have no back doors just top pair middle kicker
      I know what you mean regarding the range but if you bluff often (which it seems you do versus wide opens) you want to have higher FE. With smaller 3-bets your FE decreases in which case you don't want to play hands like this in a 3-bet pot.

You want to punish a player for calling 3-bets loose and one way is to charge him more to see a flop.

As far as the JT hand goes, what would be the reason for a double barrel? Do you get called by worse or fold better?